Monday, September 2, 2019

Working on Finishes and Organization

I took Tuesday off last week to work on some projects and a day off just sounded like a good idea.
I loaded up  Vonna Pfeiffer the Twisted Stitcher Floss tube episode Finishing a Pin Drum.
I had tried last summer to finish one and wasn't satisfied with the results.  
I took it apart and started it over.  
I am a lot happier with it but, think I may put some little something:  crochet lace, homespun, buttons to jazz up the top a little more.  
It did take me a lot longer than what Vonna said....first time.  

Also finished the Black Bird Design Christmas Drum.  
I made it a little deeper than what the pattern showed, mostly because I wanted the weight.  
I may put something around the top of this too, just not sure.  
I started re-organized some of my cross stitch stuff.  
I wanted to file my patterns....at least some of them.  
I will probably continue to keep the Christmas patterns seperate.  
I decided to organize by designer.  
I have done this before but, I have a lot more charts than I did 15-20 years ago.  
I don't know that it will be as much fun rifling through but, it is organized. 

While digging through the file folders and cleaning out some of the old stuff, I found this.
Katy drew this in 1998, she was 4 or 5.  
Its called Katy and Her Angel.  
It is so darn cute, it stayed in the file.  
I love the big pink bow in Katy's hair and how they are holding hands.  


I've been working on the verse on Sarah Braizear and let me tell you it has been a bugger.  
I'm working on 40 count and the verse is over one.  
It is incrediably slow going.  
After I finish that, I think I'm going to work on Autumn at Hawk Run and finish that.  
I'm a seasonal stitcher, so I like stitching the for the season.  

While working on these projects, I've been listing to a podcast.
Its been my first podcast, The Black Tapes, supernatural horror genre.
I finished it today.  
I have more podcasts queued up to listen too.
Great thing to do while doing all the hand sewing. 

Hope you had a great weekend.
I love three day weekends...still went to fast!

Have a great week.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Your Drums turned out nice.
    Looks like a nice organization system for your patterns.
    Although this week will go fast,have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your drums turned out fabulously. I file my charts by designer. I tried sorting them by topic/subject, but it really didn't work for me so went back to by designer. Fewer multiples that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drums look wonderful! Great organization for all your charts.....but you're making me feel guilty about the chaos that I have for my charts! ;)
    That drawing is just soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete