Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sampler September Update

I have a start on Hannah Pepper.
Since I started stitching I did change a few colors.  
I dulled down the red from the first one I had picked.  
First a picture of Buster laying on my thread.  
I may have posted one last week but, the look on his face is so funny!
This isn't the best picture.  
I started with 40 count Burch Newcastle linen that I decided was too light.  
I dyed it with some tan Rit dye  
The strip is the original color and the background fabric is the new and improved fabric.  
Here is the start.  
This is closer to the color my fabric is now.  
Overall, I am now happy with the floss colors.  
I was talking to my sister on Thursday and sitting on my patio.  
I had these butterflies flitting around ny marigolds. 
Henry was stalking them.  
They look like a cross between a butterfly and moth,
I kind of has a fuzzy body.  
I did a little research and its a Painted Lady Butterfly and apparently one of the most common butterflies in the world
I read they can fly 30 MPH and 100 miles.  
I have never seen them before in my garden.  

Bob and Henry went bird hunting on Saturday.  
Henry was waiting for Bob to come upstairs.
He was sitting so funny on the stairs.  
They had a good time  
Henry flushed several birds and Bob shot one.  
I got a lot done around here while they were gone.  

Hope you had a great weekend
The weather is turning cooler and more fall like.  
Have a super week!
Keep Stitching!
Monica



3 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures of the dogs! It is such a lovely photo of the butterfly on the marigold. It might be common but it is a very pretty butterfly. Good start on the sampler. I have a piece of linen that I should dye as I don't like the pink tint in parts of it. The color is suppose to be a good basic beige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster is a silly boy!
    Nice start, the fabric looks nice.
    I've never seen those Butterflies, thanks for the link.
    We have had a lot of Monarchs lately by our flowers.
    Are you prepare for the heat this week?
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn


    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric turned out lovely for Hannah! What fun snapshots of Buster and Henry!

    ReplyDelete