Sunday, September 22, 2019

Mistakes Happen....Still Makes Me Angry!

I started Hannah Pepper yesterday.  
I was going to stitch it on 40 count Woodland Newcastle Linen.  
I figured out the amount I needed according to the stitch count on the pattern 313x256.
Several times I figured it out and measured twice.  
Since I did Stacy Nash's Christmas at Hollyberry Farm and the amount of fabric you needed was wrong according to the stitch count, I always double check the amount of fabric.  
I leave anywhere between 2 1/2 and 3 inches for framing.  
I like an inch or less of border when framed.  
I was almost done with one side and I was running out of fabric.
I don't have enough of the rest to cover the amount needed  
I had to go to the second choice, same type of linen in Burch color.
It is lighter but is a very nice fabric.  
I am trying to decide if I should dye it a little more to grunge it up.  

I haven't cut this piece.  
I'm going to do the vine of the border than I will cut the piece off to make handling it easier.  
I changed the threads a little to accomodate the extra I may need but, can't get.  
The Primitive Avocado is not that different from Juniper.  I will just mix it in here and there.
Gristmill is similar to Camomile, both are VMSS and will mix that in too.  
I went a little darker for one of the golds to a Dried Cinnamon that looks like DMC 433.
Just going to be working on this on the weekend and working on Christmas presents during the week.  
Took pictures in the sewing room using the back of the couch to hold up the fabric.  
Buster jumped up and laid on my floss and starting messing with them.  
Bob and I went to see Downton Abbey.  
We really enjoyed it...the story was cute and funny in parts, touching in others.  
The scenery, sets and costuming was the real star of the show!
It was a good day to go.  
Our weather has been very MEH!
It hasn't been hot but, incredibly humid...80-90+%
Got up this morning and it was 92%, the windows were fogged up on the outside.  
Its been dark and gloomy.  
It is suppose to be better, temps seasonal, humidity down and some sunshine. 

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and the weather was pleasant where you are.
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Cool and today rainy but that is no problem for me. I am ready for Fall this year. We plan on seeing the movie sometime during the week , a great advantage of being retired!! Sorry about your fabric! What a pain. That is a good reason to work on the border just in case. I started A Savior's Praise. I wasn't going to do the border first but now I'm considering it! What a sweet photo of Henry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new fabric works out.
    That happened to me recently.
    I followed what the pattern said on the jacket, then the inside inst were a totally different count fabric! Frustrating!
    And I had already bought the cut fabric for it.
    Hee-Hee! Buster is too funny.
    Been very humid here also, spider webs up the Kazoo!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous thread palette for Hannah Pepper! I am sorry you had to go with your choice for fabric. You could always grunge up the fabric after you do the stitching. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on starting H P - I have it but never started it~ migraines rule my life but I can still look at the pictures. H P will be beautiful no matter what fabric you use - please keep posting as you journey thru this gorgeous sampler.
    XXOO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete