Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sampler September

Kitten Stitcher -  Shakespeare's Peddler had a sale on Samplers.  
I found two I really liked and since they were older they weren't too much.  
First, the sticker on the package, one of her cats.  

I love Adam and Eve samplers!
I especially like the funky building on the lower half.  
I love all the animals and the and the litter on the bottom right.  

I got this one because I fell in love with the border and the sheep.  

I think I'm going to start Hannah Pepper from a while ago.  
It maybe one of the first reproductions samplers I wanted to do.  
I pulled the DMC colors and didn't like the colors that much.  
I prefer more subdued colors as the antique ones would look like 
Its a lovely sampler

I decided to use some VMSS overdyes .
There is a problem with that.  
I really need a lot of the green and the VMSS skeins are large
But, I need another one and another one of the yellows.
I contacted them and out of luck.  
They don't have any of the green and they thought they had the custard pudding but, had four customers come in to pick up supplies and can't what they had. 
I think I could use Weeks Juniper and I actually may have enough custard pudding. 
I may be able to fool around with some of the other colors and make it all work.
Just a little frustrating. 
The colors will be pretty and just what one of the girls would have done.  

Bob got sawdust in his eye while putting some panelling up in his shed. 
He stopped at the emergency room on the way home but has a miserable coroneal abrasion and his eye is swollen shut.  
He might not be able to work tomorrow.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope your husband is better. That sounds like a nasty injury. You have some great sampler choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some very pretty Samplers to stitch.
    Love the colors for Hannah.
    Oh no! I hope Bob's eye injury isn't too serious & that he heals fast.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely samplers you picked up from Zero! What are the VMSS colors you are looking for? I would be happy to see if I have them and pass them on to you. Hope Bob's eye heals soon. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful samplers you have lined up! I hope Bob's eye is doing well. It sounds like it must hurt!

    ReplyDelete