Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Bun Up-ed and Died


This morning I was making coffee and about half way through the Bun up-ed and died...OMG!
I took the basket out and started boiling water.  
The base was still working but, the water heating and dripping just stopped.  
I didn't get rid of the old Mr. Coffee when I bought the Bun when Shopko was going out of business. 
I resurrected it out of the basement and ran two pots of vinegar, two pots of water, saved the grounds from the Bun and then a fresh pot.  
Don't know that I will get another Bun, other than being fast, just not worth the money if it doesn't last any longer than a cheap coffee maker.
Just as long as we have coffee.  
Have a french press if we need to go even lower tech if the Mr. Coffee dies.  

I ordered 40 count linen from Nicholas Flamel Designs.  
I got a piece of Old Book and it is beautifully grungy.  
I think I will use it for a Gigi R design.  
Stay tuned for future shots of that.  
It is incredibly dangerous watching Brenda and the Serial Starter.  
Laura showed this Little House Needleworks October's Party.  
I ordered it from 123 Stitch and the floss I didn't have.
I have it all kitted up with some unidentified 40 ct fabric could be Parchment.  
Using the called for thread.  


If you don't follow me on IG as thehooplessstitcher, here are the latest boop pictures.  
Did you know there is a #boopablenose?

Mega Boop

Bob hung my barn quilt I made at my College Girls weekend.  
It really looks spectacular on our shed.  

Close up, such talent.  
I started using tape but, I have a steady enough hand I did better without the tape. 

Katy got me this Stacy Nash pattern and the light grey fabric for Christmas.  
I have Jack's House Pinkeep, done on Natural linen.  
I did get some darker linen looking for something for Sarah Jackson Sampler.  
I think the winner, winner chicken dinner is the one the floss tags are on, twilight something.  
It is more of a grey-blue-green linen.  The lower one is Gunmetal and a little too dark and blue.
Texted the picture to Katy and she agrees with me. 

I stared my What Remains is Love the BBD exclusive from Traditional Stitches. 
I did wait, along with everyone else, a long time.  
I have to say this is a wonderful stitch.  
If you haven't gotten one, Janice at Traditional Stitches may have a few left and then that's it. 
I don't know if it will be released in the future (I think it will).  
I'm doing it on 40 ct Weeks Straw, the called for and the called for overdye floss. 

The Stitching Bee is having the retreat this year.  
You do need to be vaccinated......Yeah!!!
Even better yet, Katy is coming with me this year.
It will be so fun to spend time with her.
We are going to have a blast, so stoked!!!

Generally a quiet weekend which is good.  
We have been running of full tilt the last couple of weekends so it was good to just puttered.  
I got alot of kitting done this weekend. 

Prayers to everyone in the path of Ida.  
Prayers to our soldier and the people of Afghanistan...what a difficult place.
Historically, not good...The British, The Soviet Union...contributed to that demise.    
Don't know the right answer there.  

Hope your weekend has been restful, stitchful and full of whatever you want.

Keep on Stitching
There is a lot of science behind the vaccine.
Monica



 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your coffee maker quit working! We have several spares in the basement just in case. Your pieces look good, Monica. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A coffee pot giving up is such a bummer!!Great linen and as usual I love all your projects. I had the same idea about October's party. But so far I have not ordered it. What fun going to a retreat with your daughter. Covid is bad here and school starts on Wednesday. I'm keeping the whole world in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh!!! It's the worst when the coffee maker gives up!! I just bought a Smeg coffee machine and yes it was pricey but oh myyyy the coffee is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete