Sunday, August 22, 2021

So Excited!

I am so excited.  I got my Traditional Stitches BBD exculsive What Remains.  
I plan on starting it soon....maybe tonight.  
I have been working on the satin stitches on Sarah Braizear since I finished Martha Dawson.  
The floss colors of What Remains are so beautiful. 
I opted for the 40ct Weeks Straw linen.  
Yep, I think I'm starting it tonight after dinner.  
My finish of Martha Dawson 1832.  
I did change a few colors just because the floss would have been lost on the fabric.  
I made the legs on the yellow birds at the bottom darker.  
I also changed the color of some of the berries in the berry basket below the house door to a pink. 
I think this turned out great and am quite pleased with it. 

I think I've talked about my milkweed coming up in my garden.  
Well I found my first monarch caterpillar!  
I'm going to let it come up next year but, will not let it take over my garden.  

I got a package from Sassy Jacks!!
Love packages!
Its a package of 40 ct Fox and Rabbit Up in the Attic. 
I got a fat half, stocking up if things all go to hell with the Delta Virus.
This is a really nice piece of fabric for samplers.  
And a label for the back of a sampler.  

We had company this weekend and another couple over for dinner last night.  
All the guys have been friends since in college.
One of the guys is recovering from cancer surgery.    
Greg brought really beautiful home grown tomatoes and I had some leftover roasted garlic bread.  
I got some basil, and mozarella balls and made Crostini, drizzled a little Balsamic Vinegar glaze.  
It turned out great  
Grilled some chicken, pasta salad, grilled pineapple and cheesecake.  
It was a fun evening!
I think that about sums it up.  
Back to work tomorrow.  
Hopefully a quiet weekend next weekend and may just really get some stitching done.  
Hope your week and weekend were good.  

Just remember there is more science behind the vaccines than taking horse de-wormer as some news networks are advocating as a Covid cure.  (insert exploding head emoji).
Get vaccinated if you haven't already.  
Keep on Stitching 
Monica
The Hoopless Stitcher.  



 

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty Sampler.
    Martha is beautiful.
    I need to get some Fox & Rabbit fabric, it looks so pretty.
    They have very enjoyable flosstubes.
    Sounds like a great meal!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sampler finish, Monica! The linen color from Fox & Rabbit is beautiful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete