Sunday, August 15, 2021

My Head is Still Spinning

We went to Milwaukee this weekend to see Katy and Steve.  
We committed to a weekend to meet his parents.  
We did a lot!
They are still unpacking and  trying to put stuff  away,
We did a lot of that kinds of stuff.  
It is overwhelming to do that and you need to be focused.  
I helped them get a lot of that done. 
Husbands don't get it either. 
Bob told Katy, when we moved into this house he only took a day off.  
Sure, right and he singlehandedly but everything away  
He only did his stuff.  
I wasn't working at the time because the kids were just turning five and you needed a secret code to find out about day care....a whole 'nother story  
I had lots of time to put things away and pretty much welcomed the task because it was something to do.  
The in-laws came for dinner on Friday evening so that morning, I made a Cherry Crisp and Katy and I got a salad made for dinner.  
We took a quick trip to IKEA....not really that quick per se but, got through the entire store in about 1.25 hours and picked up a few things.  
After that we stopped at a grocery store for a few more things.  
We then had a three o'clock appointment at David's Bridal so Katy could try on gowns.  
She had an entourage:  me, her future MIL and SIL, and two attendants.  
She tried on some lovely gowns but, the experience was kind of subpar.  
The dressing rooms are tiny.  The consultant got  more gowns but, didn't help her and the room was too tiny for another person to fit in there.  Then, there was just a wall of mirrors, no three way to see truly how the gown looks on.  And you know how there is a little dais to stand on, nope not there.  
It was definately a big box experience that left everyone underwhelmed.  
I was not anticipating a dress would be found that day.  I only anticipated we would have a better idea of what style she may like.  
It was a good place to start but, more to follow, I'm sure.  
I do have another trip planned in October.  
I may be able to go in September....again a whole 'nother story.  
I'm trying not to be crabby....hard thing at this time. 

On the way down, we stopped at the Stitching Bee.  
I really find it handy to have all the possible threads needed for a BBD design book.  
I did that for the Sewing Club and I'm doing that for Autumn Winds.
I figured I would get what I needed if possible and then order the rest. 
I picked up a few other things.  
I nearly got this BBD book a few years ago when I was at The Country Sampler in Spring Green but, didn't and Kendra had one, well actually a couple.  
I also had ordered With Thy Needle and Thread Jack O Lantern Jubilee and it was waiting.  


I got most of my thread and only needed to order four more skeins.  
I picked up a couple for Jack O Lantern that I thought I might need.  
She had also gotten some 40 count linen.  I got a piece of Flax about a fat half.  

The Brenda Gervais...very cute. 

I had been working on Martha Dawson but, its on 40 ct and I figured it would be too difficult while we were there.  I took Willing Hands and finished a leaf, the flower and the bird on the potted plant and that was it.  
I think I'm kind of tired to do much today, maybe will get some done tonight on Martha Dawson.  

I also got my August Prim Colors from Color and Cotton.  
The picture doesn't do it justice.  
Its sitting on my piece of Flax.  

The last thing to show you is the round box I picked up at IKEA .  It is not quite 10" by 4"
It was in the market place area by some unfinished sewing boxes that fold up.  
It was $20 and I figure I will find something that will fit on it.  

I think it will finish up nicely.  

Not much else going on here.  The Covid numbers are creeping up compared to June.  Such a dilemma there too.  My little stitching group, two of us are vaccinated, two are not and the nots want to meet.  

I hope you have had a good week and an even better weekend.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you packed a lot in the weekend.
    Great projects, & love that box!
    have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good weekend and packed quite a bit into it as well. What a good looking box you picked up from IKEA! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shopping trip for stitching!! You got lots of good things. Sounds like a good trip with your daughter and her future in laws. It is hard to do that long distance. I know how it is. I was in KY and my daughter was here in WA. I made one trip out here and the rest we did by phone. Not much tech back in 2001,

    ReplyDelete