Sunday, August 8, 2021

Willing Hands

I didn't do BBDweekendSAL last weekend even though Sunday was the first.  
I was confused and figured it would be better to wait until this weekend, more time.  
I'm working on Willing Hands from the Sewing Club book.  
I have absolutely fallen in love with the border and the color Classic Colorworks Camouflage.
It may be my new favorite green!
Martha Dawson 1832 progress.  I have a little bit of the border left to go.
Once I'm done with that, there are a few motifs and her name, place and date.  
I may do the lettering after the border is done and save the more fun motifs for the end.  

If you click on the following picture and enlarge the center you will see my hummingbird visitor.  
I plant the petunia's and the baskets of Caliabrachoa are favorites of the hummingbirds.  

We have had a lot of smoke from the Canadian wild fires.  
I took the picture of the sun as it was coming up .
It was pretty incredible


I've been working on gathering floss for the BBD Winds of Autumn.  I have a few of the pieces in kits from when I was participating in a Dyeing to Stitch Club.  
I need to track those all down.
I am waiting for Casting a Spell to come.  
I decided I would do that as smalls rather than getting the box.  I just don't have a place to hang a box like that.  I'm super amped about this and think it will be a really fun project.  
I'm stopping at the Stitching Bee on Thursday to hopefully get the floss I'm missing.  What I can't get, I'll order from somewhere.  
We will be heading to Milwaukee for the weekend to see Katy and Steve.  We are meeting Steve's parents, sister and brother in law.  We are looking forward to meeting them.  

Hope your week and weekend have been fun and productive.  
Preaching moment:  If you haven't gotten vaccinated, please do so, you don't know who's life you may be saving....could be yours.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Great progress on both, they are so pretty.
    We love the little Hummies too.
    We have smoke here also.
    Hope you have a great time with future relatives.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pieces are looking good. Have a wonderful week, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha Dawson is just beautiful!! I have also begun to gather the threads for that BBD from the Sewing Club book. I might change the words, not sure. I have had both the box and the chart for Casting A Spell for a long time. I also saw it done as a sampler using the letters from another BBD Halloween design. Again, not sure but it looks like a quick stitch. In one of the long spaces, I thought of putting little fake pumpkins if I do the box. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your stitches look marvelous. I love the colors in both pieces. Casting A Spell will be such a fun stitch as well. Have a wonderful week and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete