Monday, July 5, 2021

The War Zone Known as the Fourth

The Fourth of July is not one of my favorite holidays for a few reasons.
First, my dad died on the Fourth in 2006.  He was a very good father and I miss him.  
He always had good advice and words of wisdom. The one thing he would say if you were feeling intimidated by someone was, "Just remember, he puts his pants on one leg at a time."  That has served me well.  
Another reason why I'm not crazy about the Fourth is our neighborhood sounds like a war zone with the amount of fireworks going off.  They can light stuff off the day before and the day after.  I think things may be okay tonight since most people are back to work tomorrow.  They can light them until midnight.  I haven't gotten to bed the last two nights till after midnight, lots later than I usually stay up.  
We also have to give Henry drugs to keep him calm because he gets very agitated by it all.  
Fortunately, it doesn't bother Buster. 
The only good thing is having the day off and that almost didn't happen.   

I've been working on Martha Dawson up until this weekend 
She is really comint along.  I have a few motifs and the bottom section of the border and then I'm done. 
Was going to pull some potential starts and take pictures but, didn't get around to it
Since it is the Black Bird Design SAL, I've been working on Rose Hips and Ivy from the Sewing Club book.  It is a super fun stitch and I'm loving the way it is turning out.  
In the book, its finished as a drum but, I think I may frame it but, not exactly sure.  
Not really sure if I'm a fan of drums.  


I will probably go back to Martha Dawson tomorrow.  
After that, I may work on a  Little House Christmas  piece.  
I would like to get it finished before Christmas.  

We've been watching Firefly Lane on Netflix and I can recommend it.  
It has been very entertaining.  

Back to work tomorrow and the Fireworks are popping now!  UGH!!!!

Hope you had a good weekend.  
I'm so tired of the whole thing.  
I'm still encouraging vaccinations.  

Keep on Stitching
Monica

 

2 comments:

  1. Poor Henry, hope he recovered.
    Some Booms woke me up at 1:00 in the morning!
    Martha is looking good, as is Rose Hips.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so sorry for the animals on the 4th. I have mixed feelings. I am a member of DAR and I do love the history, the fireworks I can live without. We have a huge fire danger this summer and they still shot them off! Martha Dawson is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete