Sunday, July 11, 2021

Lots To Talk About

Starting with a story.
Buster is 12 years old, getting up there and having a few little issues.  
His vision is not what it use to be.  
I call them cataracts the vet said he has cloudy lenses.....isn't that what a cataract is?
Anyway....he also is a little arthritic.  
I was cleaning yesterday and he went under the bed in the guest room away from the noise and in a cool dark place to take a snooze while all the action is going on.  
I was done cleaning, and Bob was outside doing yardwork but, taking a break.  
I took out some water and took a break with him.  
Henry knew we were on the front porch and could see us from his vantage point on the couch.
Buster came out of the bedroom , barking looking for me.  I called him through the open window but, wasn't able to find me.  
He though I was in the basement and went down there.  He started barking even more.  
I didn't know he went down there but, went inside to reassure him.  
He was at the bottom of the stair and it was darker down there.  I stood at the top of the stairs and encouraged him.  If he gets a running start, he can get up the stairs.  
He was SOOO excited to see me....crazy little nugget!
Got to give Henry equal time.  
Buster often sleeps on this pillow and fits.  
Henry often sleeps on this pillow and really doesn't fit.  
Bob had an Opthamologist appointment in Green Bay.  
His eye pressures have been too high and his local Optometrist was concerned and referred him.
I worked in the morning, came home had lunch and then we hopped in the car.  
His appointment was at 3:30 but, we had plenty of time to stop at The Stitching Bee.  
I really didn't need anything but, always can find something.  
I don't have the two BBD and since Barb's passing followed the rule from Brenda and Laura...Buy all the Blackbird.  
I'm not so sure I will search for the other two in the series but, most got this for the two smalls.  

See how cute these smalls are and perfect for fall.  
I think even the house and the pumpkins in the larger piece would be totally adorable. 
I have already done Tribute to Abigail in the Sweet Land of Liberty.  
It was a subscription in a group from Dyeing to Stitch a few years ago.  

Kendra got some new linen and I bought a fat half.  
It is from R & R 36 count Vintage Home.  
Some Lady Dot hand dyed Pompom Toast color
I picked up a variety of overdyes in colors I know I use but, also some blues that are just so pretty.  

I finished Blackbird Designs Rose Hips and Ivy.  
I stitched beyond the BBD weekend SAL in honor of Barb Adams.  
I left the "B" in the piece and put my initials in the bottom left corner.  
I tried something a little different.  
The spacing is not what it should probably be, I had to make it fit.  
I made my middle initial smaller by doing it over one rather than two.  
Overall, pleased with the result.  


Decided to do a little Christmas in July and picked up Farmhouse Christmas by Little House Needleworks.  I'm on part 6.  I stitched the first three sections three times.  I first did them individually then saw it done like a bell pull and fell in love with it.  
Istarted it on fabric that was just too light and the white got completely lost.  
Dyed some fabric a little darker almost like a darker natural color and its looking pretty good.  
Changed one color, Pebble Beach to more of a brown and it is really working for me.  
I don't know how many sections I will do now, but a nice break from sampler/sampler type pieces.  

It has been absolutely perfect summer weather the last four days.  Even had the AC off for a few days.  
Really enjoying season 2 of the Crown.  
Don't know why I stopped.  
Finished Firefly Lane and that was really good. 
The third season of  Virgin River started and hold on to your hats, there is way too much stuff happening.  

So on the soap box.  If you haven't gotten vaccinated, I recommend it with the Delta variant. The statistics are 99.5% of the people dying from Covid are unvaccinated.  
I don't know about you but, I have way too much stitching to do and don't want to be out of  comission.  
Polio affected 15,000 people a year until the vaccine was developed and distributed.  People lined up for that.  
.  
US deaths 606,000 in the US and 4 million worldwide. 
 Our world has changed, All for one and none for all.  
Don't let the politician's deter you.  

Keep on Stitching. 
Monica



 

2 comments:

  1. Buster is just too cute.
    The Bee is on my list to visit this Summer.
    Great projects.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love all the stitching you have going on. I am still plugging away at the sampler by Beth Twist. It has lots of stitching, not real big but lots of stitching! Buster is so cute. Plus I hope your DH's eye problems are not too serious. Yes, I love being vaccinated and do not understand the reluctance!

    ReplyDelete