Sunday, December 1, 2019

I Thought I Might Be Able to Relax.....A Little

It has been a busy weekend.  
Thanksgiving was very good.  
We eat early because it is easier for my Mother in Law.  
She is at an Assisted Living and usually is in bed by 6 pm.  
They get her ready for bed before supper otherwise she goes to bed and won't get up to change into her jammies.  
We put up the Christmas Tree Thanksgiving night while I had help with it.  
I finished decorating it on Friday, did my weakly cleaning and grocery shopped because the weather was predicted to be bad this weekend.  
Then all weekend, my sister and I talked about shore excursions  for when we go on the Stitcher's Escape UK cruise.  
That was complicated because we can't both be on the website at the same time.  
We have the same reservation number.  
I also scheduled my flight.  
I'm flying nonstop from Chicago.  
Bob will get me to Milwaukee, then Katy will get me to the shuttle and the shuttle will get me to O'Hare.  
This seemed like the best option because if there was a long enough layover to get from one gate to the next, I would have had two stops before getting to Amsterdam....that was flying out of Milwaukee or Green Bay.  
And then Bob decided to start cleaning the basement on Friday and that just complicated things more.  
We had a snowstorm on Tuesday through Wednesday about 5-6" of wet heavy snow.  
A lot of areas were without power.  
Ed came here to shower and have supper since he lost power.  
He got it back about 8 pm so he didn't have to spend the night  
It did make for messing roads and parking lots.  
Saturday, Arttie, her step daughter and I went to lunch and did some Small Business shopping.  
The city parking lots were atrocious.  
The city had plowed a little but didn't come back through a second time to clean it up so it all froze.  
Then the business owners didn't shovel paths from the road to the sidewalks, so that was dangerous.  
Picked up a few little Christmas presents.  
Last night, it started snowing again.  
By the time if finished today, we got 14" of snow
FOURTEEN INCHES OF SNOW!!!!
Bob had to blow snow twice.  
on
 My back raised flower bed it about 20" high and its buried.  
Made Turkey Tortellini soup and homemade bread for dinner.  
It all turned out pretty good.  
I did get some stitching done inbetween loads of wash.  
I haven't taken any pictures of what I'm working on.  
I started my sisters and she reads this blog....Top Secret.  

I put some Christmas smalls in a wooden bowl and placed it on the fireplace hearth.  
They look so cute.  
I am hoping to finish Christmas presents soon so I can work on something else.  
I plan on finished Sarah Braizear in the new year.  
Back to work tomorrow. 
There is never enough weekend! even when its a four day.

Hope the weather wasn't too bad where you are.  
Happy Thanksgiving!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a very busy weekend! We had a great Thanksgiving and a fairly quiet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy, fun weekend, except for the snow!
    We only had a dusting here yesterday.
    All of your smalls are so pretty.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend you had and with snow to boot! Wow! Love your bowl of Christmas smalls! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete