Sunday, November 24, 2019

So Excited!

I'm SOOO Excited!!
Nicola Parkman, Hands Across the Sea designs has announced she is releasing independently the Uffendel Sisters Samplers.  
This is not the Limited edition initially released.  
The sister were together in the limited edition pattern.  
There are some differences in the set up of the background information, the designs are the same.  
I just want to be able to stitch them because I fell in love with them but, was too late to the dance.  
I had tried calling several shops that I knew carried her designs at that time but, to no avail!
It was very sad.  
Now happy dance because they will be in my hot little hands possibly by Christmas.  
They may come with me on the Stitcher's Escape Cruise this summer.  
So when Theresa Verette, Kitten Stitcher was on floss tube talking about the Uffendel's and that her design Jane Philpott has a sister sampler that Theresa owns, I figured I better get that pattern...,just in case she decides to reproduce the sister.  
I also love it because it is an Adam and Eve sampler and let me tell you the Adam and Eve are unique.  

My friend Arttie has a cottage business.  
She quilts.
She makes quilt samples that you see in catalogues for specific manufactures.
She also will quilt for hire...tee shirt quilts and other memory quilts among other quilts.  
She has decided to expand to finishing cross stitch.  
She asked me if I had anything she could practice.  
I also taught her how to make cording.  
I had a couple of smalls.  
I decided to do last years Little House Needleworks in a bell pull so I'm starting those over
Some day
The smalls turned out cute. 
Lizzie Kate December is a flat fold.  
They all turned out very cute. 
Buster's Who Foot
And totally sacked out on the back of the couch. 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I've been diligently working on Christmas presents. 
We will see how much snow we get this week.  Bob said a foot. 
I think Thanksgviving night we may just put up the tree, get the lights and the beads on. 

Have a wonderfule Thanksgiving.  Safe travels and hopefully the weather won't be bad where you are. 
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

6 comments:

  1. Great news on the cross stitch pattern. Your smalls are lovely and the finishing has inspired me to do a bit of fancy finishing on a couple of smalls I've just finished stitching. Buster is adorable. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news!
    What a gorgeous Sampler by SP.
    Buster is too cute.
    Wishing you a great week & a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smalls turned out beautifully. Glad you will be able to pick up those charts. Buster is adorable! Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful samplers. I'm very happy she is making them available. hHve a wonderful Thanksgiving. Cold but no snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! I heard about the controversy of those samplers and I believe she made the right choice! So, enjoy your stitching without having to sell your car for the chart! lol!
    I'm hoping to get some Christmas stitching done during our 4-day Thanksgiving weekend!
    A big high-five to Buster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I was able to get one of the very last copies of the limited edition. They're beautiful samplers! I saw one of the new editions on eBay for $74. Someone isn't going to realize there is a new edition and readily available. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete