Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Blew Up In My Sewing Room

I straighten up the sewing room, I mess it up.  
Its a vicious cycle  
Ten days from Christmas and its really a disaster!
I got the project I made for my sister, finished and mailed on Thursday.  
Today, I got the Stitching group's done and wrapped.  
I have to finish one I'm making for Katy.
I'm hoping I'll have it done but, I'm running out of time.
(Heavy sigh)
Then, I started wrapping Christmas presents.  
I have a card table set up, watch some Netflix Christmas movies and go to it.  
I have to move piles around.  
I'll probably work on the room New Years.  
The real problem is, the room just really isn't big enough.  
Bob said today, we could knock down the wall to the other bedroom
"Then we'd have a one bedroom house and a heck of a sewing room."
We could go out the back wall but, I don't think he really means it.  
It isn't any better looking in the other direction!
I always figure I have to show something stitching related.  
I'll post the finished projects after Christmas.  

Sassy Jacks had a sale on clearance items a week or two ago.  
I thought Esther Benson 1739 from Hands Across the Sea  was incredible.  
I've said before, I'm such a fan of Adam and Eve.  
There is a dandy pair on this one.  
They have chunky butts.  
It always amazes me how young these girls were so skilled.  
The really charming thing about this one (besides the rather large butts) 
is the sun and the moon
I think it reflects the girl's age and is amazing.  
I love the stars too.  
In the package from Sassy Jacks was a John James size 26 needle, a sticker for documenting on the back of a finished piece and a corner measurer.

Have a few more packages to wrap.
That's all I have for now.  
Got to get back to work.  
Ohhhh, Ohh, before I forget.  
We had another 8 inches of snow....for get this....a total of 22-23 inches already.  
We are missing this current storm boiling through the middle of the country.  
Hope all are safe.  

Now that does it!
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

3 comments:

  1. I do the same, clean up sewing room, mess it up again!
    Great clearance piece.
    I hope you finish your gifts in time.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely design you picked up on clearance! Glad your Christmas preps are coming along for you! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is the nature of craft rooms. I have the same sequence of clean then a mess going on all the time. That is a lovely sampler.

    ReplyDelete