Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas

We have had a wonderful Christmas and cooking up a storm!
Last night we made a Beef Short Rib Ragu and Homemade Fettuccine.  
I got the dough made and my two assistants Katy and Steve.  
The KitchenAid makes it so easy.  
Have the Pasta Maker so it goes fast.  
 They took turns running the dough through the pasta maker and cutting the pasta. 
Made this Ragu before from Giada De Laurentis and its the bomb!
We had Christmas early this afternoon because my Mother in Law is in bed by 5-6 pm.  
We had Beef Wellington with a Mushroom Sherry sauce, Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Homemade Butter Horns (from my Aunt Helen) and Cherry Cheesecake.  I think I'm stuffed!

I can now show my Christmas presents for the Stitching group and I made one for my sister and Katy. 
I think they turned out great!
This one is the one I made for Katy.
I mixed and match and changed colors.  
I love the Winter one, with the reindeer. 
I think it was the fastest to finish.  
I am pretty pleased with the pompom aroud the coutisde.  


These were the ones for the stitching group.  
I did them over one on 28 count Lugana.  
The pattern was done on larger fabric.  
I wanted it small so I could mount it on these caddy's since they were only about 2-2 1/2 inches high.  

I really like the pompom finish.  
This is the one for my sister.  I used chennile to finish the edges.  
I think I like the pom pom better.  
Then as true to form, Buster likes to sleep under the tree.  
I think it is so cute when he does this!
Started working on Chessie and Me Christmas Blessings.  
The deer is over one and I'm doing it on 40 count PTP Legacy.  
Am I trying to go blind?

It has been a wonderful Christmas. 
Love have the kids home!
Life flies by too fast!!
On more day off then back to the grind.  

I did get my Uffindel Sisters on Monday.  
So super excited!!!
I think I would like to to get the silks for it.....maybe some day!

Weather has been crazy!  
Its 35 and foggy.  
Ruining the snow at the ski hill.  Not good!  Really not good for the next week. 
We all complain its either too cold or like this.  

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Your saltbox houses turned out super! Why do you prefer the pompom trim over the chenille? Merry Christmas to you and yours, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looks delicious!
    Those finishes are nice with the pom pom trim.
    My Mom's cat used to sleep under the tree all day on her crocheted tree skirt.
    She thought it was her very own blanket.
    It got 54 here yesterday, we've had dense fog also.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun family Christmas. We also had a very nice one! I did the cooking but the company was great. Your small projects turned out so pretty. I love those salt boxes! That small size was great but unless I get a magnifier, I could not go that route. Cataract surgery for me soon.

    ReplyDelete