Friday, December 31, 2021

The Year in Review

 Happy New Year ( or tomorrow)

I thought I would recap the year.  I thought I had finished more.  I did finish a lot, started a lot, kept working on quite a bit and of course, bought a lot.  There is no real order of finishes.  I always seem to mix large projects with the smaller squirrel projects.  

Just talking about the finishes here.  I finished Rest Thy Needle by Notforgotten Farms for my sister for her birthday

I finished Teresa Kogut's Pet All the Dogs.  I really love this project.  I stitched all the dogs to commemorate  the dogs we have or had:  Huck, Jake (the big black dog our first), Buster is in a sweater, Henry Ford and FD--Future Dog

October Sampler by Threadwork Primitives was another amazing sampler.  
This really didn't take long.  I worked on this at the Stitching Bee retreat.  
I do need to see if I have a frame to fit this or at least parts, or it may be a good one to see if I can order a custom frame online.  
Heart in Hand Tom Turkey.  Super fun, super quick I finished in a door hanger pillow for Katy.  She needed a fall, not Halloween piece for a new house.  

I also made her a Christmas/Winter display from Brenda Gervais Snow Ball.  The only one I didn't do was Fa La La....my least favorite one.  I was ecstatic that the bottle brush trees went so well!

For BBDweekend SAL I finished Rosehips and Ivy in the Sewing Club book.  While digging through my stash, I have this as a kit.  I still haven't decided to frame it or make a drum out of it.  

My January 1, 2021 start was HATS Martha Dawson.  I finished it in August.  This needs to get framed.  I may have a frame around here....just got to look but, I really want to stitch more than finish.  LOL.

BBD Pins and Needles.  It was a kit from a  Dying to Stitch Club.  Katy bought her buddy Bobby a scissors for Christmas and I stitched this up in two days and completely finished it. 
I don't do stuff like this, so fast for just anyone.  I really like Bobby.   

This was a Threadworks Primitive freebie I got with the October Sampler and really liked it's kind of quirkiness.  

I completely stitched and finished La D Da's Murder of Crows.  I love La D Da, and I especially loved the name of this one.  

This was a freebie from La D Da called Love Ya.  
Just a beautiful alphabet.  


From Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly Ann Pierce Brown that I changed the colors to match some beautiful egg colors in a dozen of eggs I got from a friend.  This I do have framed.  

Little  Deeds from The Scarlet House.  Just a sweet little sampler.  This was a very lovely stitch.  

I have several works in progress that I hope to finish this this year.  I get sidetrack by shiny squirrels.  

While doing this, I have heard Betty White has passed away. Rest well Betty, I have enjoyed your body of works!!!

Happy New Year!  Here's to a better and healthy 2022!
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. You have stitched some wonderful things. I do the same thing by mixing big and little projects. I wish I had kept better track! Well, I hope the new year will be a wonderful one for you and your family. You do have some really fun things coming up like a wedding! How exciting! ( Am I correct about that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great finishes from 2021.
    Betty will always be in our hearts.
    Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made some lovely things this year. Have a good 2022!

    ReplyDelete