Saturday, December 18, 2021

Doesn’t Scream Christmas

We have run the gamut of weather in the last week.  
Last Friday night to Saturday morning we had 11 inches of snow on top of 10 inches.
Snow this time of year is a good thing.  
It helps insulate the water mains especially if the temperature starts to really drop. 

Then the temperature starting going up into the 40's-Tuesday 
Then it got so foggy on Wednesday it was very dangerous!
Then the rain started and the winds were 50-60 miles an hour, downing trees.
Thursday we didn't have power from about 4 am to 8 am.
Fortunately, the power came on so I could bake the Cranberry Orange Bread.  
The snow melted from about 21 inches to four inches.  
Its snowing now but, hasn't been too much.  

I got Snow Ball by Brenda Gervais and decided to make it for Katy as part of her Christmas.
What a fun stitch and really was a quick stitch.  
There was one I didn't do because I ran out of time but, it was my least favorite.  






I got them all stitch up, finished.  
I had picked a galvanized tray and battery powered candle.  
I found the cutest bottle brush trees at a local store Mully and Mo's.  
I don't think I have the tags from the trees.  
There were an excellent match to the colors of the floss.  

Had to put some cardboard to raise things up but, covered with tissue paper with gold stars on it.  



I wanted to start something that didn't scream Christmas but, still had a Christmas vibe.  
This Pineberry Lane Mary Oakley 1818 seems to fit the bill.  
Someone is also working on this on Instagram.  
I am using 40 count Heritage Sampler from VMSS and called for threads.  
I have made a minor adjustment in thread.  
The lighter color is suppose to be GAST parchment but,  it was too much like the fabric, it got lost.  
I tried a couple of different colors but, decided that whitewash showed up and didn't conflict with Pebble  

The Pebble is a grey.  

Shakespeare's Peddler just published Red Letter Day and collection of red samplers.  I had to get it and while I was perusing that, I also ordered Fanny's Flowers.  
I did get some red Au Ver a Soie when I was at Lynn's of Madison...just incase.  
Some really beautiful red samplers I think will be so much fun!
Not pictured, another stash acquisition, Butternut House Pinkeep came in the mail from the Stitching Bee.  
Bob picked up my 2022 Book of Days on his way to Milwaukee to the eye surgeon.   


I'm pretty much ready for Christmas.  
I would like to bake some cookies but, not sure if I will get to it....maybe Thursday or Friday.  
I'm not doing Christmas cards anymore.  That is the one tradition I really have never liked...to me its painful.  

I hope you aren't too stressed with the holiday season.  My house is a wreck...tomorrow.  
Get vaccinated, get boosted, be part of the solution not part of the problem.  

Keep on Stitching.
Monica

 

3 comments:

  1. We've only had a few dustings of snow here.
    That wind was something I never saw before, it was wicked.
    That display is so pretty, those trees are just perfect for it.
    Mary Oakley is in my stash as a new start next year.
    Have a great week, & a very Merry Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on the snow! Once you are finished with it, please send some here. Your snowball stitches/display is adorable. Nice tip about the cardboard and wrapping it in tissue paper. Wishing you a joy-filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your WTN&T designs are so cute! I love the way you have them in the galvanized tray. I think they could stay out all winter. They really don't say Christmas to me. I am now tempted to order Mary Oakley. I love samplers that seem Christmasy but are ok to keep out all year. I had never seen that wonderful flower chart! You are putting temptations in front of me!

    ReplyDelete