Monday, January 3, 2022

Projects to Finish in 2022

I was going to post this yesterday but, my photos and Blogger weren't getting along  
New Year's Eve, I posted my finishes.  Today its my still happening.  Now the squirrel often visits bringing extra acorns to put in my path, so the best laid plans....you know how that goes.  
I have to finish Mary Braizear from Hands Across the Sea.  I have almost half of the satin stitching finished.  My plan for that is to do it when I'm on the phone talking to my daughter or sister because that is often a lot of time and I can get two inches done in an hour or so.    

The challenge always becomes when do I work on these?  Do I stick with one until it is finished?  
I'm thinking of possibly a rotation mixed in there.  
These are the projects I have started, not kitted up.  I have probably a hundred of those.  

I started Mary Oakley not that long ago and made some stellar progress.  It is a wonderful stitch and great fun.  


I started this from the BBD Sewing Club as part of #bbdweekendsal last summer.  I have the box for this but, I probably will pick it back up once the weather starts getting a little springlike....so not for a while.  The colors are so pretty!

I started Hannah Pepper two years ago for Sampler September.  I really love this and want to work on it more than just September.  I would really like to finish this.  

I started Stacy Nash's House On Pumpkin Hill Pinkeep.  
I put this down when I started on Black November.  
There is the companion piece by Stacy Nash:  Jack's House that is on my to start list but, that I can say won't happened to next fall.  The fabric does this make it  a little tricky. 

Speaking of Black November, I don't want to wait until November to pick this back up.  I think there is a dark stitching 13th or something like that, that this would fit into.  

I started BBD Christmas Garden as part of #christmasgardenbirthdaysal.  This I do think will get worked on the first weekend of the month as part of  bbdweekendsal too and maybe more to be determined.  
I got his done yesterday in between laundry and taking down the Christmas tree and decorations. 
There are so many other projects I want to start but, I want to get some of these finished.  

I am sure you'll be seeing progress in the upcoming months  
Lets all hope that 2022 will be healthy, calm and productive   
Stay healthy
Keep stitching
Monica

 

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress on these lovely pieces, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all the wonderful things you are working on. We are doing the same one .the BBD from the Sewing Club book. I decided on that one because I need a long skinny one. I am doing it on 40 count and am surprised at how small it is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great stitches going.
    I tried a rotation, but it doesn't work for me.
    I tend to stitch what I want, when I want.
    But, I do hope it works for you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your WIPs. I have the box for the BBD project and box, hoping that is motivation to stitch it sooner rather than later. I also have Mary Oakley, but haven't started yet. Love watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete