Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas

It was a most splendid Christmas....well almost if Katy and Steve were here.  
We had them at Thanksgiving so we have to share,
Ed requested Beef Wellington.  I have my modified edition.  I use mushrooms rather than pate.  
The tenderloin was wonderful, melt in your mouth.  
We had homemade wine and mushroom sauce,  butter horn rolls, fresh asparagus, cherry jello with mandarin oranges and Molten lava cake for dessert.  
We ate early because Ed had to work at 3:30 but, I was glad we could do that!

Of course a little red wine.  
I have a Christmas start, BBD Christmas Garden.  
I've been adopted into a SAL called #christmasgardenbirthdaysal.  
Not my birthday but, it was Jesus'. 
I'm using VMSS 40 ct Parchment and CC Cherry Cobbler, Ye Olde Gold, GAST Heirloom Gold and Weeks Tarragon.  The Red and Green are substitutes, I wanted something a little darker.  The golds are designed colors.  
I needed to order a few more skeins, way more than I need because I'm only using one thread.  
Good colors, won't go to waste.  Since I was ordering, I ordered a couple of patterns....LOL  

 

I have a bit of a start.  I may not stitch the words so I can leave it up all year round.  
It is so beautiful.  

I have been a member of the Colour and Cotton thread of the month, I was able to get a fabric spot.  
I'm on the 40 count and this month was Tuscan.  
It is very beautiful.  I thought about using it for the Christmas Garden but, was afraid the golds would be lost.  So I went lighter.  
I better not go blind before I use up the 40 count fabric.  
I may have signed up for another fabric club but, never got a confirmation letter.  
Its okay if I did, I can always use fabric. 


My progress on Mary Oakley 1818, nearly a third of the way done.  
I really need to do a rotation  of sorts.  

My basket of WIPS.  
I figure I will work on Christmas Garden on the 25th of the month and BBD weekend SAL.  
Next post I'll figure it all out.  

Streaming recommendations:  Netflix:  Clickbait, Don't Look Up and Emily in Paris.  

I hope you have all had a wonderful, peaceful Christmas without too much controversary.  Stay safe, get vaccinated/boosted, things are going to be bumpy for a few months I'm afraid.  Best to have stash!

Merry Christmas
Keep on Stitching
Monica






 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great meal!
    We had a fun time at my nephew's on Christmas.
    Christmas Garden & Mary Oakley are both so pretty.
    Did Victorian Motto go out of business?
    I haven't seen a post in ages.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas meal looked delicious. You are off to a good start on Christmas Garden. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great Christmas! The food looked wonderful! I stitched Christmas Garden several years ago. Instead of the words, I stitched an alphabet and I leave it out in the hallway all year. It is beautiful and I am so glad I stitched it. Like you, I changed several colors. A very Happy New year to you!

    ReplyDelete