Monday, May 31, 2021

Rhubarb Baking Fool and Stash Alert!!

We had to move our Rhubarb this spring becasuse it wasn't getting  enough sun.  
When I first planted it, there was plenty of sun in that area but, as the trees grew, it was too shady.  
Rhubarb needs full sun.  
Because it has been moved, it needs to be left alone and not harvested.  
Friends have given me Rhubarb which is awesome and I LOVE Rhubarb!
I got enough for a pie a few weeks ago.  
I got enough this weekend to make a pie, and two cakes.  I'm bringing one tomorrow to work.
This pie I put in the freezer to shar with company in a few weeks.  

Bob and I had a little piece this afternoon.  
Got to try it to make sure it was okay.  



Stash has been rolling in.  
I was able to get a copy of Caroline Amelia Trowell, another whimsical reproduction sampler.  
I think this will be a very fun stitch.  
I almost don't believe its a reproduction sampler.  
I love this Scarlott House Sampler.  
I want to do some of the motifs as smalls for the Brenda SAL.  
I think I have nearly all the thread.  
I think I have some CC Blackbird coming from Hobby House that was on back order, well you know that lead to a half  of yard of fabric.  I couldn't waste the shipping!

This was the Sampler of the Month for March from the Attic, Lucy Kerby 1805.  
From March....I know supply chain.  
I got the fabric and called for silk.  
She is well worth the wait.  
It is a glorious sampler!

The silks and fabric are totally beautiful!

I also got the two colors of silk for the Smith Sampler that had been on back order for several months.  
Now the time to start all these.  

I have been working on Little Deeds from Scarlett House.  
I have the alphabet and verse done and started yesterday on the super fun parts.  
I do enjoy all the letters as long as I don't mess it up and stitch two E's or something.  
How cute is that crown?  
This has been an enjoyable stitch and I am nearly done.  
This weekend is going to be the Blackbird Weekend SAL and I'm back to Rose Hips and Ivy from the Sewing Club book.  

Back to work tomorrow.  
It was a busy weekend.  
We got petunias and marigolds for the pots this weekend.  
I had to clean all the dirt from last year out.  The dirt had been in the pots for years and were very weedy last year and I couldn't get rid of them. 
Solution:  replace all the dirt.  
It was a lot of work, moving dirt and planting flowers  
It will be beautiful in a month.  

Hope you had a great weekend.  
Thank you to all the Service Men and Women.  
My father was in the Navy during WWII.  

Have a wonderful week.
Keep on Stitching  
Monica


 

4 comments:

  1. I am also pulling Rhubarb.
    Since we moved here, it has a better place in the sun & is growing wild!
    Those are all some very pretty Samplers.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a productive, but lovely weekend, Monica! Nice additions to your stash. Little Deeds is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Mom loved rhubarb, me not so much. Love all your stitching choices, Amelia Caroline is waiting in the wings for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Lucy Kerby sampler and silks. Will be so pretty on that linen. Great progress on Little Deeds.

    ReplyDelete