Monday, May 3, 2021

Bob was at his little trout stream camp this weekend.  
I decided to take a trip to Hobby Lobby about 50 minutes from here.  
I also have wanted to check out the Aldi's.  
I spent the trip there talking to my sister.  
We can talk a long time, that got me all the way there and then a few minutes parked in the parking lot.  
I wanted to look for frames.  
If I had everything I do professionally framed, I would go broke.  
I would rather spend money on supplies.  
So many frames are conventional, standard size.
I look at the plaques they have and measure everything.  
 A lot of them were on sale this weekend. 
This was prophetic that it would be the same size for Pet All The Dogs.
I just took a hammer and knocked on the plaque section and it pretty much popped out.
There were some wire fastners I needed to pull out with a plyers.  
I was then a basic black frame, nothing fancey but, it worked really well.  

This was a standard frame a little too much in the height but, I like it.  
The blue was perferct for me.  
Pretty much matched the blue in the zigzag beneath the houses.  
I don't usually frame with glass, even when done professionally.  
When I first started having pieceds framed, I had them glassed.  
I personally don't like the way glass looks on stitched pieces.  
I feel, the glare off the glass detracts from the stitching.  

I also found a plaque that worked well for Ann Pierce Drown.  
The wood color was the same as the plaque next to it.  
I wanted it a little darker.  
I took out the old Briwax and darkened it up and buffed it a little while later.  
Again, just a simple frame but, seems to be perfect for the little marking sampler.  

I would have liked it if it was just a little smaller but, it was less than $10.  
Now, just to find places to hang them.  
I watch Brenda and the Serial Starter on Flosstube, they are one of my favorites.  
This weekend, they started #bbdweekendsal.  
I think it is going to be the first weekend of the month.  
Wow, are people on that one.  
I started Rose Hips and Ivy from the Sewing Club book.  
I think the fabric was Light Exsemplaire with the called for threads.  
I had kitted this up about six weeks ago.
I don't know that I will finish it as a needle drum.  

Here is how far I got.  
I thought I would be further but, got started on the framing and was too tired last night to stitch more.  
I got caught up watching last weeks and this weeks episode of Atlantic Crossing on PBS's Masterpiece Theatre.  
Brenda and Laura are very entertaining, knowledgeable and enabling.  
Unfortunately, Brenda is having some health issues and they have asked for prayers.  
She is on my rosary list now.  

It was a beautiful weekend here.  
I know there has been some pretty bad weather all over.  
We were pretty fortunate and it start raining until late yesterday afternoon.  
Hope you had a good weekend filled with stitchy joy.  
Thanks for stopping and as always, stay safe, wear a mask, get a vaccine if you can....just want herd immunity 😊

Have a wonderful week.
Back to Martha Dawson  
Keep on Stitching.  

 

3 comments:

  1. Your framed pieces look nice.
    Love that bird on the Blackbird piece.
    We had a lot of rain yesterday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your trip to Hobby Lobby was productive for your framing needs. Did you purchase anything at Aldi? Your framed pieces look awesome. Well done! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a terrific job with the frames. I think they all look wonderful. I basically do the same thing. Plus if I have a seasonal piece that looks good in a frame I am already using I pop the piece out for a bit and put the seasonal piece in the frame. It really helps the budget. I love that Blackbird piece you have chosen. I am right in the middle of a sampler so I opted not to do the SAL. However, I do love their flosstube. Have a great week. Yes our GOV. just pleaded with folks to all get vaccinated. I have trouble understanding why one would choose not to.

    ReplyDelete