Sunday, May 23, 2021

Whirlwind Trip and Just Pooped

Katy and her fiance have been working on their new house.  
They just started being able to get in on Wednesday.  
It is an absolutely adorable house. 
It was built in 1938 and the previous owners left the original blueprint they found, the realtor booklet from when they bought in and a lovely note about how much they loved the house.  
Katy has been cleaning but, I was amazed at how clean it was.  
Bob and I took a quick trip to see it.....about 400 miles round trip in one day.  
There is too much going on at our house that we could only really go for the day.  
Bob had gotten a free lawnmower so we brought that with us.  
Its a very nice residential area with a lot of young families.  
It is just what you need in a first home.   
There is a lot original charm, interesting archways, a cedar closet and a linen closet.  
I wish my house had a linen closet.  
They have plenty of room for two home offices.  
She will use a second floor bedroom and he will use the finished area of the basement.  
Now the hard part is getting furniture, there is such a long lag time for furniture at this time.  
They started repainting the bedrooms.  The lower level looks good.  
The bedroom closets are small but, I think they could be structured.  
The master has a walk in closet but, that was not what is was on the 1938 blueprint.  
The window over the front door is the closet but, in 1938 it was  a sewing room...can't you picture it.?

Making progress on Scarlett House Little Deeds.  
I got a notice that Caroline Amelia Trowell was back in stock so I ordered it and added Scarllet House Sampler Motifs and I have a package coming from the Attic.  I know what I'm hoping is in it but, not sure what really is in it.  I'm sure I will let you know.  
I posted this on Instagram and made it my new background on FB.  
My Sand Cherry bush is blooming and I just adore these delicate flowers.  
They really are a pretty shade of pink!

It has been another very busy week at work and I'm sure it will be very busy this week.  
With the quick trip yesterday, I have spent the day doing laundry but, have managed to get a little stitching it.  
Meatloaf for dinner tonight with mashed potatoes and broccoli.  
I really do like meatloaf.  

Hope you had a grand week and the weather is good where you are.  
I do wish more people around here were getting vaccinated.  
I think our vaccination rate in the county is about 41%.  
Come on people, not that hard.  

Have a great week 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

 

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful house.
    I still wear a mask even though I am fully vaccinated.
    A lot of people here refuse to get the shot.
    Have fun with your Attic goodies.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful first home for Katy and her husband to be! Little Deeds is looking so pretty. Your Sand Cherry bush is gorgeous. Know you will enjoy the goodies coming from the Attic! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy's house is so charming. I think homes of that period have so many nice features. Our house in Louisville was built in 1941. I loved it! Little Deeds looks great!

    ReplyDelete