Monday, April 6, 2020

Look What I Found

I was looking for some elastic for Arttie to use for masks when I came across my first cross stitch piece.  Please don't ask for the designer, that information is no longer available.  It was on Aida cloth and DMC.  Never framed it because, I didn't have enough fabric at the top border to frame it in 1982.  It will just live in the box I found it in. 

I just finished my April ornament for the Stitching Bee Ornament challenge.  It is the fourth from Prairie Schooler Snowy Nights.  Very quick and fun.  Took me two days.  I don't spend enough time stitching.  
So call me a liar, saying I don't stitch enough.  I also finished Jane Marshall from HATS.  I just love how this turned out.  I have to see if I have a frame that it will fit in. 

I worked in my intials and the year I did this in a open spot over one.  I though it fit in there pretty good. 

Now just trying to figure out what to do next.  I could go back to Sarah Braizear, start the Chocolate Bunny from the last edition of Punchneedle and Prim Stitching magazine or a freebie I got with an order from Shakespeare's Peddler, a Majorie Massey that was really cute and would make a great needlebook.  Such decision's.  I have a bazillion other things I would like to start especially since I watch some floss tube.  

Hope you are healthy and safe.  Keep practicing social distancing, hand hygiene and don't touch your face.  Believe me, it is very difficult to practice social distancing in the grocery store.  Just how long does it take to pick out a can of beans?  

And you can also follow me at #hooplessstitcher on  Instagram .

Keep on Stitching
Monica


5 comments:

  1. What a classic piece you've found tucked away.
    Jane is beautiful, did you see Lisa, Kindred Stitcher, stitched the bottom band & made a drum? So cute.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your first cross stitch finish. Very pretty! Well done on getting Jane Marshall finish! Love her color palette! Be well and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to find your first stitched piece. Mine was a Halloween piece called Pumpkin Stew. I still put it up every Halloween! Jane Marshall is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Monica. What a shame to put your first piece back in the box! If you still like it, put a border around the edges and make a nice pillow. It's so pretty. You certainly have been stitching up a storm indeed. Very pretty needlework and your stitching is perfect. You have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete