Monday, April 13, 2020

General Update

I have been picking up hours screening people at entrances.  Two hours shifts are easy.  I have been picking up extra shifts in a row....so 5 or 6 hours.  Not so easy.  The good thing is, people are staying home.  The bad thing is those 5 or 6 hours can drag.  There is only so much looking at my phone I can do.  I have a tendency to read too much news but, starting to get away from that.  I have download Kindle on to my phone but, it hasn't synced up to my Ipad so I don't have the books on there like I do on my pad.  I digress.  I have been knitted dishcloths for a few reasons, its cotton yarn so when I'm done, will just throw them in in the washing machine.  The needles are larger, size 7, easy to knit with them while wearing gloves and I found an easy pattern that I don't have to repeatedly check.  I finished my first dishcloth on Saturday.  I do like the colors of this yarn.  It is bold!  Usually sock are my go to projects but, that's wool yarn and not as easy to sanitize when done.  I'm pretty happy with the dishcloths.  
Finished my April ornament from Prairie Schooler Snowy Nights.  I'm planning on doing all of them.  There are eight and then I have another Prairie Schooler to finish off the year.
I also finished Chocolate Bunny.  I was going to finally finish it but, got busy doing other things.  Bob has been off work since Christmas, being semi retired.  I have been working (up until now).  He was still wearing a lot of shirts (until the last two months) that need ironing.  I figured he was perfectly capable of ironing seven shirts since he really hadn't been doing a whole heck of a lot since Christmas.  I got tired of seeing the laundry basket moving around the house.  I ironed the stupid things.
We also had a snow storm last night.  Saturday was 60, this morning 6-7 inches and we got off easy.  About 4 miles north of us had 13 inches.  The wind has been really blowing too!  We had some drifting e specially on the patio where the dogs go out.  Last weekend, Bob put the patio table on the patio.  I thought it was a crazy thing to do since we always get a spring storm.  It really is his fault we got that snow 😜. I would much prefer the snow over tornadoes!  Bob is out of town now, back to work considered an essential worker, surveying a road construction project.  Ed came over the clean out the driveway.  I shoveled the patio and started some Potato Soup.  Ed and I love Potato Soup!  I sent some home with him since he wasn't hungry.  I have enough for a lunch or two.
I have gone back to Sarah Brazear for a little while.  I do want to finish her since she is so lovely but,  I don't know if I can stick with her to finish her right now.  There are so many things I want to work on and FlossTube does not help!  I will work on her for the next week or two and I can get a lot done.  

And then there was Easter.  I had planned on making some Ham, Cheesy Potatoes and Asparagus but, Bob had a six hour drive to Traverse City.  I wanted him to be ahead of the storm.  We have delayed the dinner for a week or two.  I was able to watch a really lovely Easter Mass from the Cathedral in Green Bay.  The Archbishop did a great homily! 

Hope the weather in your neck of the woods wasn't too severe.  
Stay healthy and engaged.  Wash your hands and don't touch your face!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Now I know why we came to Washington. We also considered retiring to the Traverse City area and to Maine. We have been lovely, in the 60's and sunny. The border on Sarah is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that chocolate Bunny!
    Sarah is beautiful.
    We woke up to only a dusting of snow here on Saturday.
    I hope it's over now.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunny stitch is adorable! Glad you have found something to knit to help pass the time while you are screening people! Sorry about the snow! Sarah is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah is gorgeous! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love a Prairie Schooler Xmas motif?! It's adorable:) I'm sure I'll be doing some lovely PS-stitching at some point this summer to keep sane...

    ReplyDelete