Sunday, January 26, 2020

Let's Talk About WIP

Been watching Floss Tube videos and everyone has been talking about WIP.  I thought I would re-visit what I have out there.  I was surprised I didn't have more.  I have a lot kitted up but, haven't started working on it.  

I have Autumn at Hawk Run.  When I put it away, I wasn't sure I was all that happy with it.  I'm doing it on 36 count a PTP I think over two with one.  I thought that was the problem but, when I looked at it yesterday, I think I'm pretty happy with the coverage.  I will finish this off this year.  Once I finish the graveyard, I think I only have two more sections to do.  I'm pretty happy with it.  





 I started this fall but, didn't get very far.   It really wouldn't take long because there really isn't that much stitching on it.  Autumn Acorns from the Humble Stitcher. 
 I have Sarah Braizear that I would say is not quite two thirds or so done.  I have a lot of satin stitching to do around the border.  I really do love this.  It will be really spectacular when its framed. 
I forgot to take a picture of Hannah Pepper.  I don't have much of a start on that one.  
I don't understand how some stitchers can have as many starts as they do....don't take it the wrong way if you do...
I like to get things done.  I mix in a small to break up some of the intensity of a large piece.  

I like to start things too.....which leads me to the BBD freebie of a red sampler.  The pattern calls for three reds.  I have those picked out:  DMC 498 and Victorian Motto Sampler Antique Roses and Carnberry.  I may decide once I start to just do it one of the colors or maybe throw out the DMC.  
I did a little decorating for Valentine's Day and put out a bowl of smalls. 
Update on Mary Miller.  Sorry about the winkles.  I did throw some old buttons on it to give it a little more visual interest.  I really enjoy working on this.  I got a lot of work done on her in the last few days.  Just because I figure you all want to know, we've had ten inches of snow since Wednesday.  
In the past, I have talked about looking for Floss Tube channels.  One of the channels I regularly tune into is Lost in Floss.  Barb and Leanne were really sweet and entertaining.   I really enjoyed watching them.  Last night Leanne lost her fight with cancer.  The floss world will miss her.  Prayers for Leanne's family and Barb.

Hope you've had a good weekend!
Keep on Stitching.

Monica


4 comments:

  1. Love the Hawks piece, almost done!
    Your Samplers are looking good, & love that basket of Valentine smalls.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Miller is looking good! I enjoyed seeing your assorted WIPs. That bowl of Valentine smalls is fabulous. I would probably just pick one of the reds and stitch it as a true monochrome. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Miller is really pretty. I love your Autumn at HRH. I do know what you mean about coverage. I have switched to 36 count linen and at times I am not sure about the coverage. But my bad thumb(I need a new joint) would never be able to handle two threads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished block 9 of Autumn at HRH. I've enjoyed stitching it and the blocks go sort of quickly! I have enjoyed seeing your WIPs. I'm starting a few things this weekend.

    ReplyDelete