Sunday, January 19, 2020

Why Do I Run Out of Time?

Weekends just go too fast!  I run out of time.  I really had plans to get some serious stitching done but, it just never seems to work out that way.  We had about eight new inches of snow Friday to Saturday and we didn't need to leave the house on Saturday.  Got the weekly cleaning done because Thursday we took a day trip....more to come.  

After talking to my sister, cleaning and lunch, I decided to work on my sewing room.  It really was out of control.  I worked on it for about three hours, putting things away and doing some re-organization.  We had an extra Sterilite three drawer piece that fit between my sewing table and a cabinet perfectly.  I put my 32, 36 and 40 count linen in it sorted into each drawer.  Works great, not pretty but, very effective.  Moved furniture, vacuumed and was able to put the card table I used at Christmas away.  Next thing I knew, it was time to get dinner ready.  I got a little stitching done in the morning and then last evening.  

Today wasn't much better.  Pay bills, do laundry, iron, visit the MIL and my Aunt Helen.  She was done with my sewing machine.  One of her neighbors came over and she was telling him about it.  He took it out to the she where air compressor is and blasted the bobbin case.  He must have gotten out 25 years of lint, thread and pins and "it works perfect!"  We got home and POOF, time to make dinner again.  UGH!!

Kendra at the Stitching Bee has a Ornament Challenge.  Submit it once a month.  I decided I'm going to do Prairie Schooler from Snowy Night and Winter Wind.  There are more than enough for the year.  I just love the houses!!



 Like I started, Thursday we took a ride to Escanaba to do a little shopping and have lunch.  One of our regular stops is an Antique/junque shop called The Orange Cat.  We can always find something that must come home with us.  I found two things, a little oak table marked at $30 but, after Bob and the owner discussed Escanaba topics, he took $10 off.  He often sells us things less than what its marked.  He has a love of collecting and the items speak to me, asking me to  take them home.  I think he appreciates that. 
 I also found a Pyrex Gold Butterfly pattern.  I collect pieces of this and use them all the time.  The only thing I don't do with them is put them in the dishwasher.  I have some small casseroles that I am especially fond. 
 
My latest pictures of Mary Miller just aren't popping up in Google Photo at the moment.  It is on my Instagram:  #thehooplessstitcher.  

There is a new designer that you may have heard of, Hewitt Hill Samplers.  If you sign up for her newsletter, she will send you a PDF file of Betty Glover 1837 you can find the website HERE.  

I also finished Louisa Acton Aged 11 from 1897 Schoolhouse Samplers.  It is a freebie SAL.  
It turned out great.  It will fit in a ready made 5x7 fram.  Just have to lace it up.  Alas, ran out of time.  



That about sums it up.  After the snow and clean up, Bob's snowblower broke but, he assures me it ias a simple fix.  Hope so, it needs to be ready for the next storm. 

Got to get some stitching time in. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Louisa is such a pretty little sampler. It is great when they fit into a standard size frame. Great finds and what a good deal you got on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hours at work during the week, drag. The hours at home on the weekends go by at turbo speed. Nice find on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that horse on the PS.
    Great find with the table and Pyrex.
    Louisa turned out so pretty.
    Glad Bob got finished before the blower broke!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally enjoyed this post! The table you brought home from The Orange Cat is beautiful. Fabulous piece of Corning you found! Congratulations on your Louisa finish! She is a beauty with lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete