Monday, February 3, 2020

If I Don't Get Sick, It Will Be A Miracle!

Bob was at a convention last week, Tuesday to Friday.  With his mom's recent health issues, I asked Katy if she could come home for a few days...just in case.  Side note:  I always figure if I'm prepared for the worst, it won't happen.  She had an interview on Monday and drove up after that.  She had a cold but, not really feeling too bad until the day she left.  Bob came home sick.  Both have had a terrible cough.  Katy is good at coughing in her sleeve, sanitizing and washing her hands.  Bob on the other hand, not so good.  He is getting a little better especially since I explained to him I really don't want to get what he has.  I work in healthcare and if get this, I won't be able to work unless I wear a mask.  If you can't breath the last thing you need is to wear a mask.

I finished my first motif on Mary Miller and only have a little more lettering to finish.  I am excited to be getting close to the other motifs.



I found some samplers on the Kitten Stitcher that caught my eye

Sheepish Antiques:  Sarah Salter circa 1815.  A sampler to her grandmother

Scarlet Letter:  Sarah Brown.  To the memory of her brother who died. The colors will go wonderfully in my house. 

Scarlet Letter:  Perform'd by Ann Parnell 1799.  Lots of wonderful motifs!  This one should be loads of fun!  Love the "Perform'd"
We have had some pretty mild weather and no measurable snow.  I don't think there really isn't any snow in the near forecast.  I'm happy about that.  

The Silver Needle had a sale this weekend too.  Everything was 20% off so I got the fabric for Jenny Bean Parlor Series.  It is an odd cut.  I had some 40 count that would fit the bill but didn't want to mess up a nice big piece of fabric.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a peaceful week.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. You got some great bargains! I hope that you stay well. It is so hard when it is in the house. We wash our hands a lot but everything even this keyboard is full of germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't get sick--the cough is nasty. No super Bowl shopping for me. Mary Miller is looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people are sick now, 7 it seems to linger, hope you stay well.
    Those are some beautiful Samplers you found.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Miller is looking good. Pretty samplers you found through Kitten Stitcher! Thinking of you and hoping you don't end up sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maty Miller is looking lovely. Lovely patterns. Fingers crossed you don't get sick.

    ReplyDelete