Sunday, November 17, 2019

Busy, Busy

It has been busy.
Last weekend, Bob's brother Steve was here to visit with their mom.
I really didn't have time to blog.  
He left on Tuesday.  
On Thursday, Bob got a call from Assisted Living that she was not feeling well and her pulse oxygen level was 68...normal is 90 or more.  
He took her to the ED.  
She probably had a small heart attack but, was also in Atrial fibrillation. 
The doctors were able to correct it with medication and kept her over night.  
She went home the following day and doing much better.  
I stopped and saw her yesterday since, Bob went t camp.  
She was the most lucid she had been in years.  
Bob saw her today and I guess she wasn't as good today.  
She is 90, going to be 91 in February.  
She does have a lot of partially blocked arteries.  
She doesn't want to have surgery, and her age doesn't warrant it  
Her younger sister had the surgery, and didn't survive.  

I finished a cowl this week with some yarn I got last spring called Bamboo Bloom Handpaints.  
I have made two other ones:  one for my sister and the other for Katy.  
This one is for me.
I love it!
 I have shown you some of these.  
Plum Street Sampler Saltboxes
I'm doing them on 28 count luagana over one.  
 I have changed some of the colors for various reasons.  
These are going to be for Christmas.  
 I made a mistake on the one I'm working on right now.  
I used the wrong color, they were right next to each other  
It is really difficult to rip the thread out.   
I'll post the finished product after they are given away.  
I am ready to be done with these and move on to seasonal things.  

I can't believe how fast the fall is going.  
It won't be long after Thanksgiving to Christmas.
I bought the turkey and some of the other supplies for Thanksgiving this weekend.
Next weekend, I will be really organized and get the remaining supplies.  
It will be a quiet holiday.  
We'll eat early because it is a lot easier for my mother in law. 
I like being able to have the rest of the day to chill.  

Weather is a little more seasonal.  
We had a couple of weeks of weather that was more like January rather than November.  
Hope you had a good weekend.  
Have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. I love the saltboxes. They are really pretty when I see them stitched. My MIL went through a lot of the same things as your DH's mother. She had serious arterial fibrillation but was not well enough for surgery. It's hard. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty cowl, & love those Saltboxes!!
    I hope your MIL feels better.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your saltboxes are looking good! Your cowl looks lovely. Hope your MIL is feeling better! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete