Sunday, March 21, 2021

Spring Cleaning Took Over

I was going to go through more stash and re-organize projects that are already kitted up but, we did some spring cleaning.  
We have ceiling fans in the great room and because this includes the kitchen, the fans need to be cleaned twice a year.  
Since we had the started with the fans, that lead to the kitchen cabinets.  
We have an open top of the cabinets and those get dirty.  Of course there are baskets and platters on top for decoration and those get really bad from cooking grease and dust.  
That lead to taking down the shower curtain in the guest bath and washing that and it needed a little repair. so did that.  
It all kind of snowballed but, that is a good thing.  
Bob will not want to help once the snow melts and the ground dries out, he'll want to be at camp.  
Once that happens, all bets are off.  

Before we got started, I made a Blueberry Buckle from my Betty Crocker.
That was an excellent way to fuel up before all this hard work.  
I did get some stitching done on Pet all the Dogs and may be getting close to finishing, 
I have to stitch the dogs and the numbers at the bottom but, easily I'm three quarters of the way done  

Well, looking at this full picture, way more than three quarters.  
I have greatly enjoyed this stitch.  
Perfect for any dog lover.  
Or cat lover since I think there is a cat conversion.  
Too lazy to go and look....LOL

We did have picture perfect weather this weekend.  We hit 60 degrees both days.  
Today wasn't quite as sunny but, pretty close.   
We only have a little ice on the north side of the house and shed and will probably be gone soon since we are suppose to have a couple of days of rain and that will finish off our snow.  

Hope you had a good week and weekend.  
I have one more really busy week and then hopefully will be back to normal. 

Stay safe and keep being careful with the Covid.  
Bob got his first vaccine so we are close!

Keep on Stitching 
Monica

 

5 comments:

  1. Bravo to you on the great start of your spring cleaning!! I mean it! I keep getting out the broom and then promptly sitting back down and reading or stitching. I may need a therapist to work my way out of this past year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got lots of cleaning finished this weekend! If I did all that, I would not feel guilty about eating that wonderful looking crisp!! Your sampler is great! I should stitch it for my sister. We have never been able to have a dog due to my extreme dog allergies! That is sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also tore the kitchen apart & Spring cleaned it. It felt good.
    One thing always leads to another!
    Pet all the Dogs is gorgeous.
    We finally got our first shot.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting your spring cleaning started and worked on! Your stitch is looking good. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get that way with cleaning and organizing at times too. I've learned to go with it and get as much done as possible before the motivation leaves.

    All Dogs looks fantastic as does the buckle! Yum!

    ReplyDelete