Sunday, March 7, 2021

Back to Pet All The Dogs 🐕

Back to Pet All the Dogs by Teresa Kogut, my Christmas Day startd.  It kind of has a Christmas look.  
I have to finish the window pains and the house minus the roof will be done.  
I thought all the red would make the house a little onerous but, when you're tired it is the perfect evening stitch and since it was  DMC 221, it was fast.  

I reversed the colors on the door by accident.  I figured it wasn't worth ripping out.  No one will know unless you read this blog.  

I finished perusing SANQ and really didn't find what I was looking for but, found other good stuff.  
I kept a little notebook of things I liked and noted the verse, size and a little description.  
If I really liked it, I printed it and took a picture and printed it with my Sprocket
This is a super sweet Adam and Eve.  
I love Adam and Eve Samplers and someday will have an Adam and Eve Sampler wall.  
I have a mini one going on in the sewing room but, not really picture worthy.  

Mary Hannah Gibsone 1836

Below is Ann Hall also 1836 and a Adam and Eve.  
She truly beautiful and an awesome sun  left of the Tree of Knowledge.  
There is just not enough time.  


 Sent my order to the Stitching Bee for the Needlework Expo.  
My list:
La D Da:  Elizabeth Charnelay
Hello Liz Matthews:  Dutch Samplers Collections
Prairie Schooler:  2021 Santa (of course)
Brenda Gervais:  Sampling 1 and 2 and Hannah Ann Wallace 1850
Stacy Nash:  Be Kind Sampler (my favorite)
Scarlett House:  Sarah Jackson (I might dye my own fabric)

Last week at work was a killer, as I knew it would be, we moved the clinic.  
I have been organizing and packing  for weeks. 
I'm old school and have some adequate computer skills however, it is easier to have home exercise programs printed and in a file cabinet than having to print it every time I need one.  
I am usually an extremely busy therapist and don't sit at my desk much during the day.  
That being said, I don't have time to mess around with searching for exercises.  
I just want to be efficient.  

Anyway, there are lots of little stuff when working with hands: bandages, things to control swelling, strengthening, coordination and other functional activities.   There were a lot of boxes and then putting it away so it made some sense.  
It was a very busy day on Friday and by the time I got home, I was sore, hungry, tired and thirsty.  I had a hard time getting into the house because my back, hips and knees were sore.  I've been a therapist longer than 75% of therapist and staff  have been alive.  I am going on 40 years in healthcare.  
Did I say I would love to retire?

I guess I'm done.  
Hope you have had a wonderful week since you last visited.  
Stay safe and hopefully vaccinations are headed in everyones way.
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

 

4 comments:

  1. Pet All the Dogs looks great.
    Hope things are better for you at work this week.
    Supposed to be warmer.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is nice. Christmas red colour. The door is also perfect. Congrats on being in a healthcare profession, a noble one. Our country has also started vaccinating which is a happiest thing in recent weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pet All the Dogs is looking awesome, Monica. I do hope things settle in quickly for you in your new office. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will be able to retire sooner rather than later. Job problems somewhat like yours really got my DH in the mood to retire. We had always planned to move so I did the same. No regrets! Love your stitching. That red house is wonderful. I would difinately not frog the door. You are right, no one will know!!!!! I hope this week is going better!

    ReplyDelete