Sunday, March 14, 2021

Organization

I got some organization done this weekend.  
I'm part of the Attic 100/3 Au Ver a Soie silk club .
My sister got me a nifty case for the thread last year for my birthday but, since I got the Dream Box, I decided to store them in the narrow drawers on one side of the cabinet.  I would have to have bought several more of the cases and this may be easier storage.  I got some round stickers that fit on the end of the spool to write the number to see it easier when looking for a specific color.  
These clubs are lagging because of supply.  The Attic doesn't charge until they ship.  
I was part of VMSS fabric club.  
I continued to get invoiced every month through PayPal and she posted she was getting fabric and dyeing but, nothing since last November.  
I had emailed them and asked to be removed from the club.  
I keep getting invoiced and have since contested the charges and have had my money refunded through PayPal.  
I understand the supply chain issues but, they should have stopped the invoices.  
It did make me very sad to do that but, I work pretty hard for my money.  
Just another view.  
I was visiting Ed as I organized thread yesterday as he was over trying to get out Roku and streaming figured out.  
We weren't sure if it was our internet or Roku.  
We have been fighting with this to try and get the streaming services straightened out.  Our Netflix cuts in and out. 
I'm still not so sure that Spectrum isn't messing with us to try and get us to spend more money with them.  
Now I'm sounding like a conspiracy nut.   

I ironed up Pet All the Dogs.  
I had the iron out to press a pair of pants I just hemmed.  
I just may power through this one.
I don't know if I said this, so forgive me if I have, this one is kind of Christmasy.
The angel over the house is quirky with a unibrow.  

The house took some time and some thread.  
Good thing the red is DMC 221

Got another crazy week ahead.  
My coworker's father has not been feeling well.  
She decided to take him to a hospital in Green Bay after arguing with him.  
She got him there last Thursday and tomorrow he is having five bypasses.....YIKES!
Don't know when she will be back to work.  
I usually have Thursdays off but, have worked last Thursday and will work this week too.  
Ugh, and then the time change will make it even more difficult.  
Everything will be fine, just probably won't get much stitching done.  

Hope you had a good weekend and have a wonderful week.  
Keep wearing those masks, social distance, hand sanitize.  
When its your turn, get your vaccination....I did, no issues!

Keep on Stitching!
Monica

 

6 comments:

  1. Kind of sad about cancelling your club, but why are they sending invoices if they have no fabric to send?
    Love that big red house on Pet All the Dogs, great progress.
    We finally got on a wait list for the vaccine.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your silk storage is looking good. Well done on getting that red house finished. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your organization of threads looks neat and good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great silk storage. Same issues here with VMSS club. Not sure why invoices keep coming, but I don't pay them. House is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one big beautiful red house!! I just finished Plum Street's God Shed His Grace on Thee. It was a big house too and lots of bricks!! I am now fully vaccinated and very glad to be. DH gets number 2 on Wednesday. I was just a bit tired , a small price to pay! Your organizing looks great. Have a good week! I hope you can sneak in a bit of stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so disappointed with the VMSS club. Same experience here. Only I have not received any refund from PayPal.

    ReplyDelete