Sunday, August 30, 2020

Oh Oh! Look Out Bob!

I'm making good progress on The Sampler Roll by Samplers Remembered.  I have made some mistakes.  I used the wrong sed Garrison Green and I used Palomino.  I decided to leave the alphabet but, ripped out and corrected the color in the bottom border.  I know I will be happier with that. Nobody won't know the alphabet is wrong.  
There is something so sweet about this piece.  I just love it.  I will finish it most likely as a pin drum.  I just don't feel the way it was finished into a needle roll.  

I have been on an organization roll today. I read an article on organization this morning with links to Amazon.  Went a little crazy with that:  some drawer organizers for the junk draw in the kitchen, organizer for tea bags, a shelf for under the kitchen sink and a thing to hand mops and brooms.  

I decided I need more organization in my sewing room.  I don't really use my sewing machine a lot but, ws want it accessible. The sewing desk takes up a lot of room and doesn't offer much storage.   I could use a lot more storage because I have stuff.  I have some of my paper crafts hanging out because some days its just fun!.  I wasn't able to take the cruise and my money was refunded.    I don't think I will try booking that again.  I think it may be a long time I get on an airplane and who really knows about a cruise ship.  So maybe I will get a  IDream box and that will really aid to organization.  I'm going to think about it for a little while.  The sewing room is big enough for one.  I have a sleeper sofa in there that is double bed but, would like to able to get a little chair to stitch in.  The couch just isn't big enough for me and the two dogs.  

It was a fairly nice weekend.  Today was really nice.  I got a lot done.  Hope your weekend was good.  
Thanks for stopping.  Stay healthy and safe.  
 Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. I think it would look good as a drum
    I have "stuff" too.
    I have 2 cabinets, but still too much unorganized.
    OMG! I LOVE that Dream cabinet, so cool!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sampler Roll is looking good, Monica. I love the color you used for the letters. You are the second person who has mentioned Dream box, so I am going to check it out later. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beauty is waiting in my stash. Hope your organization rubs off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that sampler roll. It looks like a pretty little English village to me. I feel the same about air travel. It is hard because my family (grand children) live so far away in Alabama. Thank goodness for Facetime! Thank you again for your thoughts concerning my thumb!!

    ReplyDelete