Sunday, September 13, 2020

Some Finishes

I posted this a while ago Carriage House Samplings Adam & Eve Revisited. 

This was a super fun stitch and had seen someone else doing it on Instagram and was able to order it as a PDF.  I did during the height of the the quarantine.  This is done on 40 ct fabric.  

The Stitching Bee was having a frame sale.  When I called, Kendra had a red frame that was the right size.  It was pretty much an apple red but, I knew I could tone it down with a little Briwax.  I have used that on a lot of things.  It was stain and bee's wax.  I smear it on, let it sit a few hours....longer for darker and then buff it off with a cloth.  It shines up quite nice! I got it mounted on a piece of cardboard and laced up today.  

I finished Samplers Rememberd Sampler Roll and ironed it up while I was ironing the other pieces again today.  I plan on finishing this into a needle drum rather than a needle roll.  I think I would like it much better as a drum.  It will make a rather nice drum!
I finished the Love Bird Pinkeep from the Blackbird Designs Book Vintage Inspiration using the fall colored 100/3 silks from this months Silk club offering.  I did it on the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe linen club from July which was kind of a peachy hue that some people had over dyed.  I used the original color and it turned our really lovely.  The picture really doesn't show the true color. I tried.  
I wanted to be able to fit the piece into a small frame from Homespun Elegance that I have a few little pieces I swap out of it.  When  I saw the color of the floss, I knew I needed to find a little something to stitch and put into the frame.  Other than the color, the only thing I changed in the pattern was the small border around it.  I thought it might end up too big and wouldn't fit in the frame.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.   If I had done border, I would have altered that too to make sure it fit.   
I had done the first two in the nine part Farmhouse Christmas series from Little House Needleworks.  When I had seen it finished as a bell pull, I slammed on the brakes and now have started it over on one piece of linen.  Its a Weeks not on Zweigert in a Parchment I think, don't quote me on that.  I'm going to use this as my September Christmas piece.  
It rained all day yesterday but, today was a perfect day, sunny and 67.  I got a lot done!

Hope your weekend was wonderful.  Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching
Monica


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I love your frame choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam & Eve look nice in that red frame.
    Love the BB piece.
    Good idea for a bellpull with the LH Farmhouse, that will look nice.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Monica, I just love your choices and appropriate finishing/framing. I keep promising myself to do the
    Samplers Remembered.. you are right..it is a sweet piece.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the perfect way to frame the Adam and Eve piece. So cute! Your other pieces look great too. That little frame could be tucked in just about anywhere. Thumb is somewhat better and I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sampler roll is going to look awesome as a drum! Looking forward to seeing your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Adam and Eve piece looks super in that red frame. Well done on your other finishes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete