Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sorry I Missed Last Week

It has been busy.  I've been working extra hours the last two weeks.  The body just doesn't want to cooperate.  The miles I put on walking the units in the hospital played havoc with my right leg hamstrings.  It happens periodically.  This week will be better and have been home treating it all weekend:  Tylenol, Ice and TENS.  Walking better today but, still hard to go from stand to sit.  

I have been working on the satin stitching on Sarah Braizear for a week but, ready to move onto some brand new.  I have other WIPS but, not in the mood.  I have seen my latest start finished my a few people on Instagram.  I love the design but, just not crazy about the finish.  


The colors are gorgeous.  I'm doing it on 40 count Weeks Confederate Grey but, I can tell it is not a Zweigart base, kind of loose.  


I'm thinking I'm going to finish it as a needle dr um and I think it will be a good finish.  I may check to see if it could fit on a round box too.  
Last weekend Katy was home.  She came to see a close friend of ours who was here for the weekend.  We, mostly she worked on the post-it books like we made on College girls weekend.  I did cut the paper for the base of the book adn showed her the general idea of doing it.  
She came up with some really cute books.  She really preferred the Washi tape.  
I can't decide which one I like better, the hippos or the llamas.  Both are really cute!

Buster after waking from a perpetual nap.  He really doesn't like having his picture took.  He won't look at you when you try to coax him.  
I did finish Carriage House Samplings Wisdom and Truth.  Going to order a frame for it when I get to it.  I want one that looks the one on the pattern picture.  This was a fun quick stitch.  Love it!
Hope your week and weekend were good.  Hope the hurricane's weaken as they get closer to landfall.  

Stay safe and wear your masks.
Keep Stitching. 
Monica

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good visit with your daughter. That sampler roll has such cute houses! Wisdom and Truth is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the leg issue. What a bummer. I hate when things like that slow me down. I like the drum idea for your finish and looking forward to seeing your finish. The Post it books are a great like idea and so much fun crafting with your daughter. Have a great weeek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can you purchase the sampler row pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your leg is better soon.
    The Sampler roll would look good as a drum.
    Buster is too cute.
    Love the colors of Wisdom & Truth.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you and Katy had! I really like that post it book idea. Well done on getting Wisdom & Truth finished; love the colors! Buster is a handsome dude even if he doesn't like his picture taken. Your Sampler Roll project is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your finish:D Your furbaby is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete