Sunday, June 14, 2020

I signed up for the BBD exclusive United We Stand  from Homespun Needlework, Cross Stitch and Samplers through Quilters Station.  What a little box of goodness.  The pattern, thread, linen and finishing fabric and a wooden thread pallet.  Packaged very nicely to boot!
It is a stunning chart.  You may still be able to snag one of your own .  They have a Facebook site. 
I debated whether to order Coming To America from Brenda Gervais.  I missed the cut off with the Stitching Bee.  Once I read all the information, I could just order the pattern and box.  I'm not sure if I'm in love with it but, it was quite economical to just order the box and pattern. 

We ventured out of comfort zone this weekend.  I have only been to work, Walgreens, the Grocery store and Church.  We don't have a lot of shopping around here.  I honestly don't care for Walmart.  I prefer Target or Meijer's.  Bob and I went to Escanaba and went to Menard's, Joann Fabrics (which closed today😢  )  Hobby Lobby, Harbor Freight and Meijer's.  Actually Bob when to Harbor Freight while I was in Hobby Lobby.  I surprised the better mask compliance at Menard's and Hobby Lobby. 

I have my College Girls weekend in two weeks and stocked up on some craft supplies.  We always scrap book the previous year's pictures.  Jan is bringing post it books to decorate for gifts.  I got a box of blank note cards and book mark blanks.  I may use some DMC and make tassels to put on the book marks and maybe some modpodge to seal them.  I found two pretty cool stamps; a sun and Eiffel tower.
I have been seeing people making their own thread drops.  I have some tags I have bought but needed a smaller size hole punch than the one inch I initially tried.  I found a half inch that is perfect and also a punch to make a tag.  I got two sheets of roughly equivalent tag board to make tags.  It will probably dull my punch but you can sharpen them with aluminum foil or so it said.  I can use a conventional paper punch for the top hole. 
The colors of the cards I bought.  I also got a new pad of scrapbooking paper that goes well with the cards.  I have some washi tape that will work too. 
I stopped at Joann's for the shopping bags that work great for taking my gear to work.  I can wipe them down with cleaner and paper towels or if available wipes.   I also picked up  two large ones for shopping.  We were going to go to a real restaurant but, the one we had picked out didn't open till three.  We went through the McDonald's drive thru and went to the park on Lake Michigan and ate there. 
I finished BBD Holly Hocks Were Always There in the Sewing Club book.  It is so pretty.  I just love it!  I have to buckle down and work on finally finishing off a stack of stuff.  I didn't pick any screening hours on Tuesday.  When I initially signed up there were no openings available.  As people have been returning to their regular jobs, openings have happened.  I'm getting busier so decided I really don't need to pick up more hours.  I have a really busy day tomorrow covering all the bases since my co-worker is taking the day off.  I am taking a week vacation in July, one of the weeks I would have been in the UK but, the trip was cancelled. 
I have started on a little Marjorie Massey complimentary pattern from the Kitten Stitcher.  Its a house, with two sheep in the foreground and some motifs in the sky.  I plan to make a needle book out of it.  It should be the perfect size, nice and small to tuck into my tray by my chair. 
I think I bought about $70 in annuals to plant in my pots.  The pots were overrun with weeds from last year so I investigated if I could plant after using Round up.  The web site said I could after 24 hours.  I waited a few days.  I think it has killed about 2/3's of the plants so far.   I'm hoping a few pots will make it.  I don't think I will replace them.  Just chalk it up to experience. 

Otherwise it was a beautiful weekend and got a lot done.  Hope your weekend was good.  Stay healthy and safe. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. That BB will be so beautiful when stitched up.
    I didn't order Coming to America, too many letters to stitch, I don't enjoy that.
    Hollyhocks is beautiful.
    I have that book, but it's hard to pick 1 to stitch, they are all so pretty.
    I think all stores should require masks.
    I see less & less people wearing them.
    My niece is very sick, they tested her for Covid, But won't get results for 2 days. They know it's some kind of virus.
    I pray she doesn't have it, she wears a mask everywhere!
    Have a great week@
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good adventure out shopping. The Hollyhocks piece is beautiful. I didn't order the Coming to America design. While I like it, I know I wouldn't stitch it in this lifetime. I look forward to seeing what you create at your girls weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete