Sunday, June 7, 2020

A Little of This and a Little of That

I got a little stash this week....more to come...LOL.  
I'm trying to find my groove with reproduction samplers. I've decided I like Adam and Eve and older samplers.  I do also like the houses.  Just trying to stay focused.  This is Mary Ann Frane and I got the kit from Sassy Jacks.  It's her design from Sassafras Samplers.  The fabric is 40 count Corn Tassel.  I dipping my toes in the silk thread, trying out a bit of the different threads to see if I have a preference.  
I had heard from The Kitten Stitcher that Dovo was filing bankruptcy but, not going out of business.  Around the same time Brenda and Laura, the Serial Stitcher, highly recommended Dovo as the best scissors.  I decided it was time to get a pair.  I ordered them from the Silver Needle in Tulsa.  I know they have a good selection.  It was time to order a pair.  I didn't go crazy.  I got a super sweet three inch pair.  The point on them is just amazing.  I made a mistake on the piece I'm working on and snipped the thread to take out a few stitches and work the ends under with my Dololly.  Just incase you don't know what a Dololly is, here it is.  
My Dovo's.  I did last year buy a small pair of Klemcott scissors at Stitching Bits and Bobs in Kalamazoo, MI.  I was going to take them on my cancelled cruise but, I can't find them.....ANYWHERE!  I have no idea what happened to them.  I am guessing, I accidently threw them out when I got rid of the bag?  These Dovo's will not take the place of my Stork Scissors Bob bought me when we were first dating.  Those will always be my favorite.  
They still work perfectly.💖  
I have made more progress on BBD The Hollyhocks Were Always There.  The colors are so beautiful on this.  I think Weeks Cinnabar may be my new favorite color. 
While talking to Katy, I finished off this.   Its a With Thy Needle and Thread and the Lone Elm box.  It was from a few years ago called I Rest Thy Needle. 
I put some batting under the mounted stitched piece to lift it up. I have trim up the fuzz.    I used three layers of quilt batting.  I

 My Weigela is blooming and I just love these.  I have one in my backyard garden and two in the front yard bed.  The ones in the front will bloom again later in the summer.  They are a lighter pink with a green/white varigated leaf. 
 Henry was on point Friday night at a chipmunk hole in the back bed.  He c on it for an hour.  Don't know if he actually found a chippy but, hope springs eternal in a dog's heart.
I have been picking up fewer shift screening as Rehab gets busier  Thank goodness.  It is a horrible job.  The pandemic isn't over, far from it but, people are crabby about wearing masks.  PEOPLE GET OVER IT!!!!  It's a hospital and medical office building.  There are some really sick people coming in for kidney dialysis, chemo treatments, see the oncologist etc.  They are oblivious and angry when you ask them to please wear a mask.  They look at you like you're from Mars.  Did you just crawl out from under a rock?  Sorry, I rant!!

Hope you had a wonderful week.  Please wear a mask if you can.

Thanks for stopping
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Sampler & scissors.
    It will so pretty in silks.
    Hollyhocks is pretty.
    I see more & more people here not wearing masks, guess they think the virus is over.
    I wear one & people look at me funny.
    Wake up people!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sampler you picked up! Love your Dovos! Your Hollyhocks piece is looking awesome. We have a mask wearing mandate here. My biggest problem is the lack of clarity when someone is speaking to me while wearing a mask. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People up here are good about wearing the masks for the most part. They are not comfortable but I totally get why we need to wear them. Love the box, I didn't know Lone Elm made a box. I also have the hollyhock piece to stitch. My DH remembers them growing around his farm as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do some people think everything is about them? My daughter works in a grocery store and every day people complain about having to wear a mask. Some are downright threatening when they are told they can't come in without a mask. It's not as though she likes wearing a mask 8-9 hours a day but she does and without complaining.

    ReplyDelete