Sunday, June 28, 2020

College Girls Weekend 2020

If you follow my blog, every summer my girl friends from college and I try to get together for a weekend.  We usually go to Mary Beth's family cabin but, it was spoken for the weekend that all worked for us.  We found someplace different to go to.  We tried to do a VRBO but, by the time you can get everyone on the same page, the rentals get snapped up.  I remembered a convention center in Green Lake, WI: Green Lake Convention Center.  Arttie and I had gone to a stitching retreat there several years ago with the Garden of Stitches in Appleton.  Jan and I checked into it and we found a cabin that met our needs: Albert IV.  It worked pretty well.  We did need to bring our own linens, initially it would have been provided but, because of Covid 19, we had to bring sheet and towels.  Everything else was there.  

We took a ride around the grounds.  The deep roads are pretty rustic and the area is woodsy.  It really is a lovely area.  We were driving by and saw this guy hunting from a tree perch.  Not sure what kind of hawk it is.  
There are five of these prayer towers on the grounds.  We didn't get out to check them out.  I think they are kind of creepy.  One was kind of boarded up.  During our drive, we went past three of them. 
The view from the front window.  
The living room.  We usually spend the weekend, crafting, eating, drinking a little wine and shopping.  This weekend shopping wasn't much in the picture.  Only a few shops were open and we were busy until 430, so bagged it.  

We scrap book the pictures from the previous year.  We do other projects.  Jan saw this one and we made little books using Post It pads.  We used card stock type scrap booking paper and jazzed them up.  Or as I like to refer to it as "festooning them".  We stamped and paper artted them up.  
On the way, I stopped in Green Bay at the Stitching Bee.  First time there since the beginning of March before everything was shut down.  I kind of figured all hell was going to break loose when I starting hearing all the news coming out of China in the early weeks.  Picked up BBD, Come into My Garden.  Out of all the patterns I've gotten, besides the Sewing Club, I think this one is my favorite.

I thought this Annie Beeze was really cute.  I may change some of the colors, don't know yet. 
I had Kendra order this La-D-Da for me.  I just love this one.  Got the floss and picked up some fabric.  40 count Goldfinch.  Don't remember what brand. 
She also had the Prairie Schooler Santa for me. 
I finished my Margorie Massey piece, and fully finished it.  The inside.  I found my Stocklette scissor by Klemcott (hooray for me!)
I used the red house on the scissor fob and stuffed it with walnut shells and batting.  Used wool on the inside of the needle book and attached a loop and ring to hook the scissor to  I really like the way it turned out. 

Got my latest fabric from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.  It's called Harvest and is a light pinky gold.  Can't tell by the picture.  I put it next to some white paper. 
Some flowers in my garden.  They're blue.  I have a thing about blue flowers.  Not sure what they are.  I may have them written down somewhere but that would mean I have  to get out of my chair. 
The satin stitching on Sarah Braizear.  I'm afraid I'm going to run out of the thread before I'm done and GAST is still difficult to get.  I'm in no hurry.  I'll probably just order from 123 Stitch. 
This came in the mail from Country Sampler in Spring Green.  It is latest in the ABC School Girls Club.  It's Shakespeare's Peddler Dolly Frank's Five Lion Sampler.  The colors are subdue and right up my alley.  
I found this one on a De-stashing FB page.  Perseverance Sampler from Chessie and Me.  I think there maybe a lot of satin stitches.  I'm not going to do them.  Well at least not all of them. 
Finally, I started Adam and Eve Revisited by Kathy Barrick.  I have a fondness for Adam and Eve's and this one fits the bill. I got the serpent done but, it doesn't look like much yet.  

This is a long one.  Going to wrap it up.  Hope you had a wonderful and healthy weekend. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!
    Great stash, & the fabric is pretty.
    That SP design is awesome, love the subdued colors.
    Take care & have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like you had a good time at your college girls weekend. Lovely stash purchases you made, Monica! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to go to a stitching store!!! Looks like you'll have lots of stitching fun ahead of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good girls week-end. So nice that you are all still in contact with each other. With all our moves I have lost track of so many old friends. Love your stash. That BBD looks good to me. I am determined to stitch " We Live in Hope"soon. Finally finished A Savior's Praise. I will do a post and share it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete