Sunday, August 4, 2019

Update on Sarah


I have been diligently working on Sarah Braizear.
It is a large piece incase you didn't know. 
I'm working on that section above the arch support on the left  
I'm nearly done with the peacock and then below that are some flowers.  
I still have all the satin stitching around the border but, saving that for last.  
The peacock, working on his legs and then the satin stitch in the tail. 
It is difficult to see the light floss on the fabric.  
Had to show a close up of the vase holding the arch because I think it looks spectacular!

My sewing machines are fixed and went to pick them up yesterday.  
The Singer Athena will die when the bobbin winder bites the dust.  
The bobbin is wound in the bobbin case and the repair guy warned me this is the first thing to happen.  
If it does, it is not repairable.  
The New Home is a champ and will work for a long time.  
I brought a little project so Bob could walk around Cabelas. 
It is one of my Stitch 9 challenge projects.
It is a freebie from La D Da called Tiny Sampler.  
I think when I ordered something, it was sent to me.  
It is a great travel project.  

It breaks my heart to have more mass shootings.  
This needs to be addressed as a nation.  
I believe in gun control, background checks and resources for mental health.  
Adversarial commentary doesn't help the situation.  
White suppremists, terrorists are not "Fine people."

Have a peaceful, safe week!
Monica 

5 comments:

  1. Sarah is beautiful! I can help but wonder of all the news we deal with all the time is contributing to violence, especially if the person is already unbalanced. I wonder what would happen if these crazy folks got absolutely NO publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah is indeed beautiful!!

    And I agree with you concerning the violence, gun control and help for the mentally ill. It's time for working on solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is looking great.
    It's disheartening to see more shootings.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making fabulous progress on your Sarah sampler. Sweet La D Da piece you are working on!

    ReplyDelete