Sunday, July 28, 2019

Stash Adventure

I have been having sewing machine issues.  
I have three old machines.
 An Athena 2000 from the 1970's that was my mom's that the stitche s are loose.  
I think it really needs to be cleaned and the tensions need to be adjusted. 
The repair guy indicated it really probably can't be fixed if there is anything else wrong with it,  
It was one of  first computerized Singer.  
I have my MIL Husquavarna from the 1970's,  
Opted not to deal with it right now.  
The bobbin doesn't drop in, it goes in from the front.  
That one probably needs a good cleaning and tune up.  
I can't get it to work at all.  
The other one I took in is a New Home from the 1990's.
This is the best option and he felt it is a solid machine.  
I should hopefully get them back in two weeks. 
Arttie went with me because she knows the sewing machine guy.  

We went to Hobby Lobby.  
Arttie wanted to look for frames and I'm always up for a walk around.  
I'm always on the look out for interesting things to use to finish work.  
I found these wooden organization boxes.  
They are 9" long and 3" wide.  
I got four in black and two in grey....all they had.  
They were 50% off.
I got two of these metal trays.  
This one is the smaller one  
I thought it work well in the guest bath.  
I got the next size larger that I can display smalls in.
I couldn't resist this cup and I plan on taking it to work.  
Adorable alpaca's that make me smill which will be great on bad days.  
The colors are bighter than the picture.  
Stopped at the Stitching Bee. 
Like I really needed more stuff....of course I did.  
Rosewood Manor Hannah Bacon Sampler.  
I love the border.  
Heart in Hand Needle and Thread, very sweet!
From Brenda Gervais:  Autumn in Baltimore and Winter in Baltimore.  
I just ordered the paper mache boxes for finishing  from Amazon.  
Hobby Lobby didn't have them.  
I actually got four because I'm sure I will get Summer and Spring at some time.  
I think they would be great for display.  
Finally from Milady's Needle Elizabeth Wott Sampler 1816.
This is a really wonderful sampler with an Adam and Eve.  
Stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up Bob's favorite magazine:  Sporting Classics.  
Use to be able to get them on the local bookstore but, that closed.  
Use to be able to get them at Shopko, closed too.  
We also had lunch at Not By Bread Alone and had a wonderful salad. 

We didn't go to too many places but, had a successful day shopping. 

Been working on Sarah  Braizear.  
This vase by the arch has been giving me fits but, I'm nearly done with it.  

 Next week I will post the whole thing but, hard to get a good picture since it is so large.  

Hope you had a great weekend.  
Too bad they go by so fast!
Have a wonderful week!

Keep on Stitching
Monica


3 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounded like it was fun except for having to take in your sewing machines. You came home with some fun things including your husband's favorite magazine. Your sampler is looking good. Have an enjoyable week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah is coming along nicely. I do love her colors. Sounds like such a fun day of shopping. I just don't think it is possible for a stitcher to go into a shop and not buy any stash! It is surely not possible for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your machines in working order.
    I saw that LLama cup, it's cute, but I did buy some Llama threadholders, so cute.
    Great Sampler stash, and Sarah is looking great.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete