Sunday, July 21, 2019

Fully Finished

All the company is gone and getting ready for work tomorrow.  
I could use another week off just to chillax and do more stitching.  
I did finish the piece I was doing from Black Bird Design Sarah's House.  
I had gotten this frame from Hobby Lobby.  
I had done something else to put in it but, I must have figured my math wrong.  
I then started looking around in my stash for something that would work.  
I think this turned out really cute.  

I stitched it on 40 count Parchment linen with the called for overdyes.  
How it looks on our mantel. 
It took me 12 days to work on it.  
I am back to working on Sarah Braizear for a while.  
I was ready to get back to her.  
It is a very large piece.  
I wasn't liking how my satin stitching was turning out.  
I think I'm working on 40 count, so when I used double the floss for coverage, it looks too thick.  
I tried something different.
First I did a cross stitch in the area where the satin stitching is to be done, then I did a satin stitch on top of the "X"
It doesn't look too thick, the stitches look straight and no white showing throw.  
I may use more thread but, I prefer the way it is turning out.  
I will show you my next post when I do another satin stitched area that can be compared.  

While Katy was home, she wanted to stop at Rainbow Yarns and Gifts.  
I did buy four skeins of Mochi.  
Mochi is no longer being made.  
I found these and thought they might come in handy to keep stuff in my stitching bag.
They have the slap bracelet pieces that make the closure.  
After the storms yesterday, we have cooled down. 
The weather was extremely pleasant today.  
Weather will get better everywhere soon so stay hydrated and cool if you can.  

Thanks for stopping.
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. What a great use of that frame. It looks very pretty! Nice and cool here in the NW! I feel so sorry for much of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah looks good in that stand frame.
    Gotta love those snap bags, they're popular now.
    Hope it's cooler this week, last week was awful!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the piece you just finished and the frame is perfect for it. Love the little floss bags also. We're looking forward to rain coming in tomorrow with a little cooler air behind it. It has been a hot and humid summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bags you found! I really like the frame piece you got from Hobby Lobby. Your stitched piece looks super in it.

    ReplyDelete