Monday, August 27, 2018

Vacation

I didn't post last week because I was busy with my sister being here for a vacation.  
I took the week off too.  
I can finally post what I gave her for her birthday.  
La-D-Da A Stitcher's Garden.  
I initially thought it said A Sister's Garden...oops!
I still love the way it turned out.  
I used Threads from Victorian Motto Sampler.  
I had to adjust the alphabet to get a second "M" in there for her initials.
She uses both her maiden and married name.  

I’m making headway on the border of Sarah  but, it is a project.
I have also signed up for the "Tis the Season" SAL  
I decided to use overdyes rather than order the Victorian Motto Sampler Threads.  
I like her threads but, sometimes I don't feel like they are gradated enough.  
I really like the antique look and want to achieve that.  

One of the things we did, while my sister was here was go to Fayette Historical State Park.
It was a harbor town on Lake Michigan where from 1867 to 1892 Iron Ore was turned into Pig Iron to be shipped.
Many of the building have been restored or are in the processed of being of restored.
The surrounding area is absolutely beautiful!
Here is a site:  Fayette Website
Some of my pictures
 The furnaces from the second floor of the Superintendent's House

 The company store
 The high building is the Superintendent's house from the furnaces
 Some of the main buildings
Looking at Lake Michigan.
The weather was perfect that day....no humidity and 75.  
It was a great time!

Hope your week was good.  
Have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. It IS called A Sister's Garden !! LOL
    Looks great in that frame, I'm sure she loved it.
    Nice progress on Sarah's border.
    Looks like a great place to visit!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous piece you stitched for your sister! You have made good progress on Sarah. Thanks for sharing the photos from your outing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful sampler. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love the piece she made for me. It was a terrific vacation and I loved spending with my sister. Love you Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete