Sunday, August 5, 2018

Android Annie Fixed My I Phone

I have had a problem with my I Phone since I updated it in May or June.
It is an I Phone 6 and I figured it was Apples way of getting me to buy a new phone.
I don't want to buy a new phone and I definitely don't want to buy one from Verizon.
Sidetrack:  I got this one through Best Buy on line when the I Phone  7 was about to come out.
I went to the Verizon store and asked if they could match Best Buy...$100.
No, it was $200 and what I needed to understand is the BB phone was an inferior phone.
According to the salesman, Apple batches the phones which means Verizon gets the prime phone and  everyone else gets inferior phones with Walmart getting the bottom of the barrel.
What cock and bull, and I told the salesman I would take my chances.  
I haven't had any problem with it since the upgrade.  
I tried resetting the settings and sounds.  
The only time the phone rang was when someone in my favorites called.  
It would not notify me there was a text either.
It was driving me crazy.  
Asked my tech son if he had any idea.  
He messed around in the settings.  No luck.
So my smart ass husband Bob asked his phone.  
He has an Android, so whatever her name is he asked, "Why doesn't an I Phone ring."
The answer was, "Most the time the privacy button is on."
Sure enough, the damn privacy button WAS ON!!
Turned it off, works great!
I have never turned that on, it must have happened with an update.  
GRRRRRR

I thought I would be done with Margaret Cottam today but, got busy with an online Con Ed and went to see my Aunt.  
I did finish Alone in the Garden and thought I would have it framed.  
Like I said.....
Turned out cute.  
Just love it and it was so much fun!! 

New Garage Sale Mystery on Hallmark Movies and Mystery  is almost on so, going to wrap this up.  
Hope your weekend wasn't too hot, stormy, flooding or smoked filled.  
Have a great week.
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got your phone figured out.
    That happens with our TV when they do updates, it doesn't work until you figure out the problem!
    Alone is too cute.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Adam and Eve piece is lovely. Glad you got your phone issue figured out; updates are a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alone in the Garden is so pretty! We have phone issues from time to time too! Usually it ends up being lack of tech knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happened to me with my iPhone! I know I didn't set the privacy button. I found my solution on Twitter when someone tweeted about their phone not ringing anymore.

    Alone in the Garden is adorable! Cograts on your finish!

    ReplyDelete