Sunday, August 12, 2018

Getting Framed

I have been a busy bee.
I had the frame parts and put them together for Margaret Cottam.
I just have to lace it up.  
I have had a terrible time trying to get it straight.  
I adjusted it a little more after I took this picture.  
 Alone in the Garden also has to be laced up.  
This frame was an aqua that I took briwax to and darkened it up.  
Blackbird Design uses a lot of Briwax
I love Briwax!
Bob and I went to Green Bay yesterday.
I hung out there for a while.  
I wanted to pick up some floss (which is coming up)
I picked up this BBD which is really a cool book.
The sewing boxes are really nifty.  
 I also got the 2018 Prairie School Annual Santa.  
Don't know why the picture didn't show up.
I wanted to convert threads for BBD Tis the Season from
Silk/DMC to overdyes. 
I'm really happy with the choices.  
There is a SAL mentions on Flosstube Flannel Jammies Farm.                     
 I also saw on another Floss Tube channel The Saltbox Stitcher an sampler she stitched.  
If you watch that one, it is the one right behind her. 
Its an old pattern from Words of Praise Called the Guidance Sampler.  
It was from the 1980's and all blended DMC colors
I converted it to overdyes too.  
 I think it will turn out really cool.  
I also got fabric for both pieces.
My start on Hands Across the Sea Sarah Braizeau 1829
Working on the border which is tricky because the count changes with the flower vine.  
The Stitching Bee retreat enrollment is closed.  
She is trying to keep the number to between 50-55. 
People get to visit and meet each other better.  

Looking forward to it.  

Hope you had a great weekend
I must say I did.  
Have a great week
Keep on Stitching

4 comments:

  1. You have some really great stash. Both of your framed pieces look wonderful. I hope you enjoy having Margaret in your collection as much as I have enjoyed having her in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me too, it's hard to get something with a border straight. You have to tweak a lot.
    What great projects and conversions, it takes time to do that!
    Can't wait to see your progress.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounded like you had a good trip to the Stitching Bee! I look forward to seeing your upcoming projects started. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects you have lined up!

    ReplyDelete