Sunday, September 16, 2012

Adventures and Halloween Smalls

It may be the last hoorah today.  The temperature was 80.  Tomorrow rainy and a high of 58.  After church, breakfast and errands that didn't get done yesterday, Bob and I went to A&W for Chili Cheese Dogs and Root Beer.  It could close any time now and it was a good thing to do today since it really was a summery day before it gets blustery.  

Too bad you can't really see the color of the fabric for these.  It is on Tobacco colored linen, a medium mustardy orange I had in my stash.  These are the companion pieces to the L*K Mystery sampler.  I'll get these done in no time.  I'm on number two and only have one to go.  

 With no color changes, it goes very fast.  You can see the little bat on the one below.  The word on this is Haunted.  The third is Scary.  I'll just finish them off as pin cushion pillow for a basket.
Yesterday, I had quite the adventure.  I was thinking about taking my son Ed out for lunch.  That involves about an 85-90 mile trip.  Really, no big deal.  When I talked to him on Thursday, it sounded like he had plans for the weekend so, I never mentioned it to him.  I then got a phone call from him on Friday, asking if I wouldn't help him out.  He locked his car keys in his car and didn't have a spare.  Of course, no problem, he added, "Then mom we can go out for lunch and I'll do what ever you want to do."   Oh boy, I got him now.

I was about 10 miles from home when the Low tire pressure went on.  It is a pretty desolate trip to NMU.  I stopped at a gas station called my husband to see if I should try filling the tires with air.  They didn't look bad.  He thought it was just the sensor going off.  He suggested when I got to town, to stop at the Ford dealer and have them check it out.  It was a very stressful ride the rest of the way.  I stopped at the dealer and they checked the tire pressure.  The left rear tire was about 10# too low.  He checked it out, found a nail and fixed the hole in about 20 minutes.  I was very appreciative and on my way.

After lunch,  I had Ed walk around Ben Franklin looking for fabric to finish projects. He did say he would do anything.   As we walked around he explained fantasy football to me.    Even though it sounded Chinese to me, it was fun to be with him.  Made it home without the light going back on.

Hope you have a great week.  Welcome new members.  Glad you all take a peek at whats going on.  Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Your LK stitching is looking great, Glad to hear that you made it safely to lunch with Ed after your tire mishap.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite - A&W - the best root beer and corn dogs. - Love your companion pieces.
    and have to admit, I am a Fantasy Football addict and have played it for about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to stitch this one too. Your's looks great.

    ReplyDelete