Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I finished the March Daffodils, the next phase and a gadget

I finished the March Daffodils and March isn't even over yet!  How exciting is that?   I still can't help but, love the sheep.  Maybe someday I will have sheep and alpacas.  I love alpacas! 

 I started the companion piece last night.  You can see the Lions  main taking shape.  I suspect he will be even more handsome in person.  I don't think it will take me long.  This is what I got the frame parts for over the weekend. 
 Then, I saw this gadget on the Silver Needle website.  It is for making cording to finish off pieces. 
I guess the cording is more square.  I have to figure out the directions and get it working.  You use more of a perle cotton.  It came with some Weeks  to try out.  I just got to try it but, it is one of those things I will wait to do in the morning when I am bright eyed and bushy tailed.  I usually make cord with a eggbeater drill and a cup holder hook that I wrapped much masking tape around so the screw  part of the hook fits into the bit holder of the drill.  I am hoping this is just sort of easier and relaxing. 
Thanks for stopping and checking out my little blog.  Please become a member.  I am waiting for #6. 
Keep on stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment