Sunday, November 7, 2021

Black Sampler November

After I watched Brenda and The Serial Starter and Laura was discussing Black Sampler November, I decided I had to participate.  
I thought about Harriet Gobey from HATS or Anna  Beata Eve 1862 or the Black Sampler 2021 from Whilst Iris Naps.  
Instead from Whilst Iris Naps I found Emma Harben 1824.  I fell in love with all the little crowns and loved the history that Christina included.  I watch her Flosstube channel often.  
It really isn't a black sampler but, on the website it looked that way except for the flowers in the border.  I decided I would do it in black.  I'm using Splendor sild for most of it but, the area of alphabet in the four side stitch, I will use 100/3 because the Splendor is a little too much coverage for that and I won't be able to see the detail.  
I am using 40 count Old Book from Nicholas Flammel Designs.  

I have a start on the border but, then started another project (squirrel) that I can't show just yet....next post.  

I have made some progress on Stacy Nash's Pumpken Hill Pinkeep.  
I can only work on this during the day because by evening my eyes are too tired and the fabric is really quite dark, making it a little more difficult to stitch on in the evening.  

Started watching my first Hallmark Christmas movie and thinking about decorating.  
This is my favorite table scape this fall.  
The pocket watch was my father-in-laws while he worked for the railroad.  
North Georgia vase my sister-in-law gifted me and a Yankee candle holder.  


Bob's first cataract surgery went well.  It was a long two days with the travel to Milwaukee.  I think we made a good choice.  He has the second one on the 16th.  I am taking the whole week off so that will be good.  I did have a day to recover before working on Friday.  

This weekend, I will be headed to Milwaukee to go Wedding dress shopping with Katy.  She is feeling a crunch.  I am sure we will find a lovely dress.  I was included this past weekend of Face time with the shopping on Saturday afternoon.  Even on the sidelines it was hard work.  

We have had a really beautiful fall weekend.  It was 62 today and gorgeous.  The time change has thrown the boys for a loop.  Buster was barking for his dinner at 4:30 and Henry was saying, "Yeah, listen to the little guy and feed us!

One more thing,  I have found a new Flosstuber I have really enjoyed, Needle and Flax and a fellow Michigander albeit a troll...below the bridge.  Very easy to watch when I'm on my exercise bike.  

Hope your week and weekend was filled with stitchy goodness!
Stay safe, please consider getting vaccinated if you haven't .  
Time to move forward.  
Keep Stitching
Monica

 

3 comments:

  1. Great choice for your Black Sampler.
    Love that fabric.
    Glad the eye surgery went well.
    Have fun dress shopping!
    I'll check out that Floss Tuber.
    Have a great week!
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vignette! Lovely choice for your Black Sampler! I am glad Bob's first surgery went well. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on surgery. I liked that flosstube too. Can't wait to see more of the black sampler. I'm passing, though the temptation is great. Too much to stitch and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete