Sunday, October 31, 2021

Another Successful Retreat Weekend

Another successful year at the Stitching Bee Retreat.  
Last year was cancelled because of Covid.  This year it was on with the caveat of vaccination. 
Katy went with me this year.  We met in Green Bay and she parked her car at the Stitching Bee.  
She brought all kinds of things to work on:  knitting, stitching and Halloween Costumes.
She was going as a Pumpkin Spice Latter and Steve a can of PBR.  
I haven't gotten a picture yet otherwise I would have posted it.  
We parked her car before the shop opened and made a quick trip to JoAnn's for a few things.  
I want to try some of the Anchor floss on the spools.  
I got a PDF of Annie Morris and thought that might be a good project for the Anchor. 

I thought I might also get some reds for some redwork samplers.  
Don't have anything in mind yet but, I'll be ready!
Good to have stash.  
We made a stop at Panera for drinks and some snacks for the road.  
Then we made another stop at the Stitching Bee.  
I needed some floss and I had ordered the re-releases of the Blackbird Designs
There are some great designs in these.  
So much to do but, so little time! 
Katy and me with one of the vintage murals.  
These just crack me up.  

It really hasn't changed much since the last time I was there.  
The rooms now have refriderators, so a place to keep the wine cold.  
On the way through Door County, we stopped and did some wine tasting at Pennisula Winery and walked out with a case of wine.  
We had lunch at a coffee shop in Carlsville.  
The sandwiches were amazing as was the pumpkin soup.  
We were ready then to get to the Retreat

The bar at the resort wasn't opened but, you could order a glass with dinner.  
We had hors d'ouevers in our room and brought wine in travel cups back to the stitching room  

I worked on Threadwork Primitives October Sampler.  
I brought enough projects to last a year I'm sure. 
I absolutely loved this stitch.  It really didn't take me that long and turned out beautiful.  
I'll show you a bit later.  
Some of the trinkets we got in our bags.  


Everyone was asked to bring 48 of something.  
I made floss drops, Katy brought little tomato pin cushions. 
It could be anything.  
We then put them on table and everyone picked up our trick or treat bags.  
Ended up with candy, pens, post it, spider rings, floss and beads etc.  
It was a really cute idea.  

A view of the lake and Rowley's Bay.
The weather was absolutely perfect. 
We have had a warm fall.  


It was so much fun spending time with Katy.  
She has always been my little buddy.  
We have done lots of girls day out over the years and this one was very special.  
Next year at this time she'll be married and its not as easy to do this sort of thing 
My feeble attempt at a selfie.  


The hallway in the building we were in had these squirrel lamps.
I was ready to take this one home with me.  
This guy was on the second floor.  
I should have checked out the third floor.  

Kendra had a Heart to Hand trunk show and I picked up a few and  Shepard's Bush Fear Not kit  

Some wood snow flakes for ornaments and a wood tray made out of a measuring stick.  
Will come in handy next to my chair in the sewing room.  

Just dropped everything sewing room and finally got around to sorting through it and putting it away.  
Looks like a bomb went off, doesn't it?

I finished the sampler this week.  Now I just have to decide how to finish it.  I think I will try and find a frame.  

I started Stacy Nash House on Pumpkin Hill Pinkeep. 
I'm using the called for thread and 36 count Weeks Twilight.  
Not as easy as it looks on this dark fabric. 
Put it is fun.  
I'm going to follow it up with Jack's House Pinkeep.  


Going to be a weird week.  
I work on Monday and Friday because Bob has his first cataract surgery. 
He has his second surgery on November 16. I'm going to take the whole wee't k off.  
I need to use up some PTO and will still have probably well over 100 hours left.  
I'm hoping to do some finishing that week. 
My little Buster seems to be getting blinder every day too.  Was wondering if he could have surgery on his cataracts with Bob but, I don't think that will happen.  
He is having a hard time finding the crumbs and treats on the floor.  
He can't see anything in the dark and I'm afraid I will step on him since he isn't as good getting out of the way.  

Hope you are having a great Halloween.
I've been watching creepy movies all weekend, old and new.  

Have a great week and stay safe
Keep on Stitching
Monica



 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend time with your daughter. Daughters are so special. Laurie and I made a trip several years ago and it was such fun. We may go to Vicoria over the Christmas holiday , we will have to see how things are going with covid restrictions. I love that sampler!! I just might have to order it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time with your daughter.
    My niece & nephew have a campsite in Carlsville.
    Greta stash, & your Sampler is so pretty.
    have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful time going to the retreat as well as at the retreat. Glad you were able to spend the time with Katy. Awesome additions to your stash. Enjoy your week and praying for smooth surgeries for Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had great trips and retreats with my mom. Emjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete