Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Some Market Stash

Picked up some of my Market buys from the Stitching Bee last Thursday.  It was kind of a spur of the moment trip.  I wasn't sure if my order would be ready but, we decided to take the chance and go.  
I do have more on my list that are coming.  

From Cross Stitch Antiques:  Catherine Morgan and Carter House.  The Carter House was actually from last year but, I decided to get them both.  Some of the proceeds go to the Battle of Franklin Trust to support historic sites.  I lived in Nashville during the mid to late 1980's, so this is kind of special to me.  
WTN&T:  Manor at Quaker Hill and Token of Love
BBD:  Little Birds. 

I finished the BBD Petites Lettres Rouge on a small old piece of 36 count Lakeside Linen Examplair.  I used Classic Colorworks Cherry Cobler and Colonial Rose.  My initials are in the rose.  I probably have said this before, the antique samplers often employed this as a way to personalize a sampler.  Its a lot easier than trying to find a place to put it in.  I just like the way it looks too!  I put my grandmother's name in.  It has specially meaning to me since she bought me my first iron on cross stitch piece and skeins of embroidery floss.  Boy, did she create and animal!  She also taught me how to crochet and quilt.  She was an amazing woman and I loved her to pieces!
I had to take this picture of Buster, nearly sliding off his perch on the back of the couch.  He was out cold. 
I got this frame at Hobby Lobby but it was kind of a bland wood.  When I Briwaxed my tray for the Quaker Sewing Tray, I did this too.  It darkened up the frame a little.  I think the wood looks richer than it did initially.  It fit Mary Miller pretty well too!  Now I just have to find a piece of wall to bang a nail into to hang it.  

I hope you all are doing well and have enough toilet paper!  I know that I find great solice in stitching at this time. Even the act of doing it is calming.  I am so glad I have plenty of supplies! 

Everyone hang in there.  Wash your hands, call and check up your elderly neighbors or family members or seek out help if you need it.  Even though it feels like we may be isolated, we are a community!

Keep on Stitching
Monica

6 comments:

  1. I would just be lost without my stitching. I am working on A Savior's Praise and I think it is so big the virus will be long gone before I finish! Love the pieces you got from market. I have been eyeing both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Market finds.
    I went to Lynn's the first Market day, but they didn't have the WTNAT's that I wanted.
    But i did get Scarlett House Seeking Refuge.
    Your frame looks great with Mary Miller.
    Buster is too cute!
    We are good her with supplies.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash, enjoy! Beautiful stitching and finishing looks fabulous in your chosen frame! Everyone stay put and we will do okay...fun to see what’s in my stash.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful frame you found for Mary Miller! I really like your BBD finish; I often do that with my initials as well. Stitching does bring calm and peace to our days. Take care and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks from Market! The HL frame looks perfect with that sampler... I think I recognize that frame (as originally being a greyish wood)? The briwax warmed it up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great market stash, living in Nashville, the Carter house sampler is very special.

    Social isolation is giving me some much needed stitch time.

    ReplyDelete