Sunday, March 8, 2020

Fully Finished

I finished Brenda Gervais' Quaker Sewing Tray.  It was very quick and fun stitch!  I added my initials in the top flower and latice motif, over one on 36 count, so it wasn't too bad.  I love colors in it:  Weeks Baked Apple,  Oscar, Sage and Palamino, Colorworks:  Colonial Rose and Barn Door.  I took me about a week...so like I said, very quick stitch!
This is the napkin holder before I painted it.  I took the leather patch that said napkins off and sanded it down before I painted it.  
I used Cremacoat Barn Red per the directions but, didn't mix it with white.  I left it the Barn Red.  After it dried I used Briwax which is tinted furniture wax.  I use it on a lot of things over the years.  
I let it dried overnight and buffed it up this morning.  Mounted the piece on some board, used some framer's tape and laced it up a little before putting into the tray.  I decided not to glue it in since there is a little space between the box and the piece, so if a needle or something got in that space, I could easily get it out.  
A side view of it.  I can't say its perfect but, it is rustic.  I should sand it between coats of paint but, I think too much would have come off.  
While I was taking pictures, my trusty sidekick just couldn't hold his head up.  He was sleeping with his head on the chair rung.   We started walking yesterday with his new harness.  Too much for a short guy. 
I'm starting on a BBD freebie Petites Lettres Rouge.  I think I will finish this as a stitch matt, not sure yet.  The fabric I'm using, I'm only leaving a one inch border.  

The weather was fantastic this weekend.  It was in the mid forties yesterday, and mid fifties today.  Good days to walk Buster.  We didn't go far, we both are woefully old and out of shape.  

Hope you had a good weekend!
Remember wash your hands often for 20 seconds or sing Happy Birthday twice!

Have a wonderful week. 

Stay Calm and Stitch More!
Monica



4 comments:

  1. Love your finish! The paint job looks fine to me. I do love all that red! That is the cutest picture of his little head on the chair rung!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tray turned out pretty.
    The red paint brings out the house more.
    The temps have been great the last 2 days, but rain today.
    Buster is too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet shot of Buster! Your finish looks super and I think the napkin holder turned tray was a fabulous find and purchase. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your tray turned out!

    ReplyDelete