Monday, October 28, 2019

2019 Stitching Bee Retreat



Arttie and I went to the 2019 Stitching Bee Retreat this past weekend
It was at Rowleys Bay Resort, can click on the link with the name.  
It is really something else.  
Arttie feels like she is stepping into the Inn in White Christmas.  
It is a quirky place....I love it!
Our room had two queens and a table and chairs.
The beds were very comfortable.  
Needs some decorating help but, that honestly is part of the charm.  
We actually stayed in Green Bay on Thursday night to get the Mall shopping done:  
Joann Fabric and Yankee Candle.  

We stopped and did some shopping on the way to the Resort.  
The first place we stopped was the Silver Thimble:  Quilt and Yarn.
There was also a shop hop going on this weekend so we got some deals.  
They had some wool pieces for penny quilts but, it would work great for finishing some pin pillows and they were only 60 cents a square.  

I picked up some yarn too.  
I found a really cool shawl pattern to use the Berroco Sesame.
The base of the yarn is blue but, then a variety of other colors:  green, turqoise, orange, peach, red and purple.  
Picture of the shawl.  
I think it will be fun and it might be a great thing to bring on the cruise.
I have no idea if it will be hot or cool or what but, will go with anything.  
I started working on The Scarlett House Pumpkins and Bittersweet.  
I started it at Stitching Group on Wednesday.  
This is how far I got.  
I plan to make a pin keep out of it.  
There was a smalls exchange and I thought I had taken pictures of it and I forgot.  
I must have just been too excited about retreat.  
 Finished it as a top to a wooden playing card box.  
I put a small pincushion on the inside and a bee's waxer in the shape of a bee.  

This is what I drew.  
It was very nicely stitched and finished.  
Also in the picture is a small pincushion and a scissor fob that is measured out in inches   
These patterns came in the door prize bags.  
More goodies in the door prize bag, including some handmade cards.  
There are always a get to know  you game.  
These patterns were in a folder.  
There was a sticker on the back of the folder and then you had to find your partner and talk to that person for a few minutes.  
Its always interesting. 
These items were in the greeting bag.  
A Prairie Schooler card, a thread holder from Fern Ridge. 
Arttie made everyone a laynard and the Blue Pompom with eyes is called a Little Fit.  
There was a little poem explaining it but in the nutshell, if you aggravated, you can throw a Little Fit.  It maybe something good to make my co-workers.  
Kendra always has a store set up with patterns, kits, tools etc  
I pickedup Sally Stansfield from  Hands Across the Sea
L. Genders 1875 from Brenda Gervais....a red sampler.  
Following the rules from Brenda and the Serial Starter.  
 A pincussion kit from Samplers Remembered.  
'
It was a great weekend.  
We sat with a different group of ladies this year.  
We always try to do that.  
They were so much fun.  
May just have to sit with them next year.  
They are a stitching group called the Loose Ends.  

I took today off to catch up on laundry and sleep.  
Looking forward to next year.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  
Some more surprises coming.  
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching!!
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun retreat.
    I love that shawl!!
    Great gifts, goodies & stash.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! i love Pumpkins and Bittersweet. I may have to stitch that one next Fall. You also got some wonderful stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend you had! Super gifts and goodies that came home with you!

    ReplyDelete