Sunday, March 10, 2019

Slow, Steady Progress

I am making slow, steady progress on Sarah Braizear .
I really don't have that much time to stitch, something always comes up.  
Now, I'm trying to decide to satin stitch now or wait.  
I think I will do the satin stitch in the main body of the sampler.  
The vase of flowers has satin stitching in the main bloom and the buds.  
I think I'm going to wait with the border.  
The basket of fruit also is satin stitched.  
I think I will do that also.  
I'm afraid I will miss something in the main body.  
I had missed a few small motifs in His Eye is on the Sparrow.  
I couldn't believe I did that!
We did have another two inches of snow last night.  
After tomorrow we are suppose to have some warmer sunny weather.  
Let me tell you many parking lots and side walks are truly a safety hazard.  
The side streets and snow and ice covered.  
Its dangerous pulling out of our driveway.  

Converted the DMC for a project to overdyes in my stitch nine challenge.  
I plan on going to the Stitching Bee on Saturday and she should have the new market offerings.  
I told her to hang on to my order if she has it and I will pick it up then.  
There was a lot I liked from market but, alot that just wasn't my style.   

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  
Weather has been bad all over the country and stay safe.  
I'm sure its going to be a wild spring.  
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely design. We are hoping for spring up this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Sarah.
    I picked up a few market items at Lynn;s, but they didn't have what I really wanted.
    I guess a lot of shops sold out at market.
    There were some new designers this year too.
    The ice is terrible here also, our sidewalk thaws & freezes again. I'm tired of Winter!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made fabulous progress on the Sarah sampler. We are supposed to be dry here until the next batch of rain on Thursday. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, progress is beautiful..you are certainly much further long than I seem to be I’m like you can’t seem to find time to get at Sarah all though I love her! Like others have said Winter has been tough I would like to think we are done but living in northern MN I know better it’s March....but April is around the corner the sun already feels warmer now! Blessings

    ReplyDelete